close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dayton, OH 2012 Finals Are Posted!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DannyR, Jun 11, 2012.

1. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Congrats to all.

2. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Congratulations to all. Some really great scores posted. Thanks GSSF for providing the opportunity for us to have fun.

Don

3. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

50 dollar random for me. its hard out here a master! haha.
    Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. SARDG

SARDG

You brought it on yourself. You made Master something like 32 seconds after your first GSSF shot. Shoulda' sandbagged! :tongueout:

5. GlockinRandall

GlockinRandall Member

That's funny!:rofl::rofl: Yeah, DA, some of us actually had to work to make master! Didn't you win like three guns and a couple random ones in one match! Just kidding, I know you worked at it, at least a little.

6. mike g35

mike g35

Looks like I won a $50 random prize AND a random pistol!!!! Also, along with Grady Whitelaw and Adam Birkhimer, got a win for Carver Custom. I also won my first USPSA match this month in the open division. Is it possible to have a better month than that? LOL
    I was thrilled when I realized I had won a gun. Thanks to the GSSF for all the prizes and for putting on yet another great match!!! Cant wait for the next one!!! :)
    I have thought about doing this for a while but now that I won the random gun I am sure, I'm getting another Gen 4 G34. The one I have now is set up for production division USPSA, its got a .115 wide FO front sight from Dawson Precision and a Warren fixed black rear, nice setup for USPSA but for GSSF, where accuracy is king, I believe I am going to go with a .125 wide all black front and a Dawson Precision adjustable rear. My thinking is the all black sights might help me to slow down and shoot more accurately as opposed to shooting with the dot at USPSA like speeds. Opinions?
    Regardless of all that with two performance wins and two random GSSF prizes I am one happy shooter right now!!!! THANKS GSSF!!!!!!! :)

7. SARDG

SARDG

Well, you know what opinions are like...

Personally, I have never looked at either sight combination you describe, but for me... I like the FO sights in general. Anyway, seems strange to select sights based on them being slower to acquire, thereby giving you more accuracy because it's taking you longer to acquire. I would (and I do) shoot the sight that works best for me with quick acquisition. You should work on 'you' slowing down to 'your' speed. Sounds like you are adjusting the gun to force a slowdown. :headscratch:

8. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Yeah, yeah yeah, I think i might actually try and practice this month before Indy, and try a little bit of goal setting. I want to shoot a Mid 40's run in Mstock or competition.:supergrin: I also see that i need to shoot my g26 more. Having not shot it any since Lexington last year, definitely showed in my times at Dayton.

Congrats to all the winners, I know we had some local ppl and range staff win performance and random pistols.

9. shadow_dog

shadow_dog Hilljack

:supergrin:Found 2 random $50 checks in the mailbox today from the Dayton match.

10. wazari

wazari

Random Pistol certificate from Dayton match came Saturday.

11. mike g35

mike g35

Thats EXACTLY why I was asking about this on the other thread. I'm not sure its a good idea because its a change in equipment that I am making in an attempt to change something that is more about self discipline than equipment. I have been going back and forth on this all day, I think I will start with the .125 wide FO front instead and attempt to slow my pace by controlling myself rather than by changing equipment. The more I think about it the more it sounds like that "I shoot 40's better" kick I was on last year. And anyone who saw my scores from Lexington last summer knows how that turned out.:faint:

12. mike g35

mike g35

All that aside have I mentioned how happy I am with winning the gun and cash?!?!?!? :) GSSF rules!!!

13. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Whether it be red dot, fiber optic, tritium, or black front sight , shoot when you see it.

See it, shoot it.

Eta: congrats on the gun.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  14. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Mike,

If you are getting speeding tickets, would you change tires to slow down? Remember, you are in control of the trigger. The sights have no control over the trigger. You shoot too fast. Slow down. No caffeine before a match.

15. Rusty Phillips

Rusty Phillips Moderator Millennium Member

i got to tell everyone i had a great time, all in all a fantastic experience..... Thanks to all friends I met (old and new).

Thanks to Glock, the range team, and thank you again David - I really appreciate your help.

BTW - I got $75 for being the highest ranking GBM4 brain cancer competitor - I'm digging that

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  16. mike g35

mike g35

That's my issue in a nutshell, I shoot to fast and no equipment is going to change it. I will work on it next time, skill wins matches not equipment. I just got my shooting glasses so half my issues are solved, now I am going to work on my control. Thanks Danny, you always give great advice my friend.:wavey:

17. mike g35

mike g35

Thanks, I believe thats the first time anyone has ever told me congrats on anything on this forum LOL Thanks again, now lets hope I shoot it with some control next time instead of worrying about going to slow.

18. kyglockshooter

kyglockshooter

Thank You Glock...Guardian Senior for $75, random for $50 and my oldest son a random for $50 meaning a 2 year membership renewal. Really enjoyed Dayton it was our first ever outdoor GSSF 2011. See you guys next year...now ready for indy at end of month.