Glock Talk banner

Day at the range

712 views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  fredj338 
#1 ·
A little while back I had some quality time with the toys. I decided to have a small session with my G31, M&P9 and M&P shield 2.0 45.
What I did was loaded up each magazine, each was made ready. Set the target out at 15' began with fast shots from each weapon until empty seemed to last about 30 seconds. I see a few not so good shots at that speed.
The 45 sure does put some holes with only 8 rounds. The 9mm had 13 rounds and the 357sig had 15 go ahead and critique my targets I am not ashamed at all it was great fun to end my session
Motor vehicle Font Art Gas Machine

See less See more
#4 ·
2sec splits at 15 feet, not a really good measure of your accuracy imo, too close. Back it off to at least 10y, 30ft, go again, report back. 10y is where you start needing to acquire the front sight. Then speed it up to 1sec splits. I start new shooters @ 21ft. We are looking for softball size groups slow fire. Not pooping on your parade but you did ask.

#11 ·
Try some dry fire - You are dropping some shots low left... and Dry Fire will help!

I know... I'm fighting it right now after a year of 'bad habits' (like NOT dry firing!) :rolleyes: :cool::D

I suspect my next range session will show marked improvement!

Try it out before your next live shoot - Front site should remain on target through the trigger press.

Don't forget to report back! (y):D(y)

#12 ·
I send all my students home with dry fire practice homework. When I see them again a month later, amazing how much tighter their paper groups are. That low left is usually a flinch & snatch at the trigger anticipating recoil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.