Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Shootist
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've posted in other G43X red dot threads, I've recently started the red dot on a pistol journey. I'm starting to develop the symbiotic relationship with this particular setup and the G19 Gen5 with RMR.

Today I went to "The Office" for some quality 1-on-1 time with the G43x and new BCM RECCE. The office
Sky Plant Tire Plant community Vehicle

The actors.
Wood Air gun Gun accessory Blade Hunting knife

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I started off @ 25' with a couple of mags, drawing the pistol from concealment.
First mag was double taps center mass. The second mag was used to load the weapon, one shot center mass to slide lock, speed reload and second shot to head.

I then moved back to 60'. 2 shots from the carbine center mass and transition to pistol for one or 2 center mass shots. One time in this sequence I took a head shot with the 43x from 60'.
70 rounds from the 43x and 20 from the BCM total, with only a handful of flyers outside the A zones. All the flyer were from the 60' distance.

I'm very happy with the progress and results with the 43X with the Holosun 507k. A very good day. Between the G43x w/507k and G19 w/RMR, I'm sold on the efficiency and accuracy of a dot on a pistol.

Rectangle Wood Art Font Cross

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I’m a big fan of the Holosun red dots. I had a couple RMR’s on my work and off time Glocks, but picked up a 507c for a “beater” gun.

Now, my working guns have the 507’s.

·
The Shootist
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m a big fan of the Holosun red dots. I had a couple RMR’s on my work and off time Glocks, but picked up a 507c for a “beater” gun.

Now, my working guns have the 507’s.
I haven't measured it, but even the 507k window seems bigger than the RMR and it seems to present better than the RMR.

·
Registered
5,592 Posts
I liked the “frame” of the window was thinner and didn’t pull my eye in as much, thought the glass was cleaner and the dot was crisper. I also really like the circle and dot option

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Having the circle dot reticle is a nice feature. While I don't own any Holosun optics, I have at least one version of all the Swampfox Optics micro red dots. I run the Liberty or Justice with shake to wake on everything except my slim pistols. On the slim pistols I have the Swampfox Sentinel. Unfortunately the only Swampfox optic with a circle dot reticle is the Kingslayer with manual on/off. I have those on a few range use only pistols. I love the circle dot for fast target acquisition with the circle and fine aiming with the dot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts