close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dawson Sights

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by MFinch, Jul 7, 2003.

1. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Anyone tried the Glock sights Dawson is selling?

2. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Mike, I believe jjayh has the Dawson fiber optic sights on his 34. He likes them a lot! I can tell you from shooting with him, they have increased his speed a measurable amount. They are green rear & red fronts, if I am not mistaken. You can try emailing him if you want to get a first hand word. He probably won't answer until tomorrow though. He took off his race cut heinies & found this was an improvement for him. He pushes me regularly & I am shooting Bobby Carver's open gun! That is good for him, bad for me I guess. LOL Oh well, you can only do what you can do, right?
    See you later, MLM

3. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

We are evaluating them and are in the process of testing.

4. jjayh

jjayh

Mike, as Mark said I am using the Dawson sights. I started out with a Bo-Mar rear and A Dawson fiber front. Then I switched the rear sight to the Dawson fiber rear. (Of course the fiber setup wasn't for GSSF, I was really setting up my 34 for the American Handgunner Steel Challenge, and other IPSC style shooting.) I really like the 3 dot sight picture, but that is a personal preference. The thing I didn't like about the bomar rear was the part sticking out over the slide. I do think the Dawsons are well made. The adjustments have good solid clicks and stay put. If you are coming to Lubbock anytime soon and want to give them a try just let me know. And of course I'll be in Midland for the Paper and Iron match.

See ya, Jerry H

5. MFinch

MFinch Guest

Thanks guys. I was actually thinking about the plain rear and fiber optic front for my 34 and a few other parts thrown in for good measure. Wish I could make it to Lubbock since I'm only a couple hours away. Most of my time has been spent going back and forth to Houston though.

There is some planning going on around the P&I with some info on the Action Master Pistol Club's website. It is a possibility that the course will be set up in Sept in time for the monthly club shoot. If so, drop in.