Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I Ordered for my G34, the Adjustable Rear with Fiber Optic and the corresponding size F/O Front sight.
Green in Front, Red in Rear ... should yield fast target acquisition in daylight .... they suggested the thinner front sight which will allow for a little open space on each side when sighting.
This will be my set up for IDPA Matches for the 6-7 mos. of the year that we are outdoors.

When I pick up a G17 (4th Gen) I anticipate putting on these same sights but with the Tritium instead of FO. They told me their Tritium Sights are from Trijicon and if you look at their Front Sights it actually says Trijicon on it.
This will be my setup for the 4-5 mos of the year that we are restricted to the Indoor Range where lighting is such that FO Sights just don't show up.

Ken

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I liked the Dawson F/O sights, but it takes a pretty dark room to see the tritium sights.

Based on what I've read here, I'm thinking about the Mepros, which, may be the brightest, but please see the posting I just made asking for help in finding a way to get the Mepro Adjustable Rear Sight with Yellow globes and their Grren Front sight. Trying to avoid all green.
Mepro offers this combo in their Fixed rear Sights (and an Orange Rear sight) but apparently the Adjustable Sights only come in green/green ?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I think the two different color thing not that important. When sighting, the front dot is smaller and clearer, the rears large and fuzzy.
If you get green/green adjustables I think you'll be fine.
Also since tritium/phosphor lamps glows green naturally, all other colors will be slightly dimmer because they require colored lenses, which block some of their light.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the two different color thing not that important. When sighting, the front dot is smaller and clearer, the rears large and fuzzy.
If you get green/green adjustables I think you'll be fine.
Also since tritium/phosphor lamps glows green naturally, all other colors will be slightly dimmer because they require colored lenses, which block some of their light.

Hammer,
you make a good point, thanks.
Makes me think .... :upeyes: if I found the 3 Green dots annoying I'll bet I could simply use a magic marker (or whatever) to apply a film of color over the lenses so the two green dots on the rear looked to be some slightly different color (or shade of green) to distinguish the front sight or at least to diffuse the 3 green dots.... which, just seems to me it would be too busy looking.
I've also read here that the Front Sight is brighter than the Rear Sights with the Mepros so maybe it takes care of itself anyway and I'm making a Mountain out of a Molehill :faint:
Thanks,
Ken

1 - 6 of 6 Posts