close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

David Morrell

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Bilbo Baggins, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins

For the fans of the Action Fiction books Morrell is a great read. I just desided to reread a few of his books. and though I would share him with you all.

Brotherhood of the Rose
    Fraternaty of the Stone
    League of Night and Fog
    Covenent of the Flame

those books are my favorites of hisand I would suggest reading them in that order, they do not all exactily tie in but Fraternaty and League have the same main people

First Blood (yes it is the Rambo story)
    The Fifth Proffesion

Two othe books by him that I didn't care for myself.

2. bayerta

bayerta Former Marine

I am a big fan of David Morrell. I just finished The Protector, which was another good one. I would have to say that Assumed Identity is my favorite.

3. CRC

CRC Sarah's Dad

I found this site on the web. I wrote a quick note and got a response. I'm not sure if it was actually David Morrell who responded but I had questions answered that did not seem to be canned responses.

The Brotherhood series got me into reading.

http://www.davidmorrell.net/index.cfm

4. Spyder Teeth

Spyder Teeth Southern Gent

I picked up a copy of First Blood yesterday and am about halfway through it. You can tell it was his first novel. The writing skills and descriptions are a little fuzzy and his knowledge of weapons and tactics is laughable. I'm thinking the reason this novel was such a smash hit was because of the political climate of the time of publication (1972). If it were published today it would probably crap out.

Much different from the movie. The book has a huge bodycount so far. All of Teasle's men have been killed, leaving only him and Rambo in the woods. I'm fixin' to start Part III. The state police will be showing up in the next few pages. :cool: