David Hogg Threatens to Destroy Smith & Wesson Unless They Meet His $5 Million Demand

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ramjet38, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

https://truthuncensored.net/david-hogg-threatens-destroy-smith-wesson-unless-meet-5-million/
    more at link above.

Parkland school shooting survivor David Hogg threatened to “destroy” firearms manufacturer Smith & Wesson if the company failed to meet his gun control-related demands.

In a tweet, he implied calling for a boycott of the manufacturer would be forthcoming should the company ignore his demands to “stop manufacturing guns that are illegal under the 2004 Massachusetts assault weapons ban.”

In his two-part tweet, he told Smith & Wesson to give $5 million dollars to gun violence research or be “destroyed” by “love and economics.”

This appears to violate federal law on extortion.

18 U.S. Code § 875(d) states, “Whoever, with intent to extort from any person, firm, association, or corporation, any money or other thing of value, transmits in interstate or foreign commerce any communication containing any threat to injure the property or reputation of the addressee or of another or the reputation of a deceased person or any threat to accuse the addressee or any other person of a crime, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both.”

Cambo likes this.
  2. B C

B C

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

4. johnmltb

johnmltb

I believe the trash is too insignificant to acknowledge.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  5. Cubdriver

Cubdriver

I don't understand who he thinks he is going to influence to boycott S&W. The folks who listen to him don't buy firearms, and the folks that buy firearms don't listen to him. Swing and a miss, I'd say.

In fact, based on his nattering, I'm thinking of buying a wheelgun from them now. This kid may be in strong contention to topple Obama for the 'best gun salesman ever' award.

-Pat

6. steve4102

steve4102

If that is extortion then so is every Union contract and every Union sanctioned Strike

7. Blossman

Blossman

I'd like to see little Twig Arms get into a fight with Ann Coulter. One slap and he'd be down for the count.

Ramjet38 likes this.
  8. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

He could throat-punch her..................... with that adam's apple she goes down!!