Daughter-in-law.....oh my

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Qman2, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Qman2

Qman2

Well, I didn't raise her so it's not my fault. She told me today she is heading to a rally planned at the police station. Although I think it's expected to be a non-violent rally, I told her to be very careful and observant to what is going on around them. She said she'll be safe because she is white. OMFG! I said that doesn't matter they'll beat anybody. Case in point, the white husband and wife business owners trying to defend their business from looters were severely beaten with 2x4s. Well, they were probably anti protesters and you can see anything on Facebook. Nope, just them and 4-5 looters and I saw the video. I sure hope and pray she doesn't learn the hard way.

2. Gino

Gino Millennium Member

Nope, let her learn the hard way. Too many of our young ladies have been too spoiled and just don't look at the world realistically. A few hard knocks would do wonders for her world view.

3. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Stupid should hurt. I just hope it’s temporary hurt. Protests are being used to riot. Anyone there chosen for any reason is attacked by mob.
    I have seen repeated instances where one person (often white as she thinks that’s a shield) gets someone yelling at them. Next thing you know they get attacked from behind, pig piled, stomped by cheering people who had nothing to do with whatever started it. IMO it looks like. “I could stomp him, why not?”

4. light-switch

light-switch Back to work...

There are some things that can only be learned the hard way. My sister always saw herself as superior to those "uneducated, unwashed masses" in China and Taiwan. She ended up moving to China for work, and ended up beat up by "those beneath her" a couple of times: once standing in line at a McD's (she told the guy that cut in front of her off and got punched in the face), and another in traffic, when someone cut her off and she unloaded on the guy.

Nowadays she probably still thinks the same way, but she did learn to keep her mouth shut. :supergrin:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Jade Falcon, happyguy, spork and 13 others like this.
  5. jwagess

jwagess

Ask if she ever plans to march or attend a police officers funeral. Or protest their deaths?

Quijibo, badge315, hilljo and 14 others like this.
  6. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Qman, you know what they say. You can pick your nose but not your relatives. That being said all this crap going on has led me to a conclusion. We perhaps shielded our children too much and maybe it's time to let them see how the real world is. And hope they don't get hurt too bad.

selogic, badge315, g30nut and 9 others like this.
  7. snerd

snerd Horselover Fat

Is she wearing a *****hat?

Rotn1 and slym2none like this.
  8. Trademark

Trademark tabula rasa

Tell her to at least wear sensible shoes. One should not protest with shower slippers on. It’s tacky.

9. Jonesee

Jonesee

It's good of you to hope she remains safe.
    I share the same hope for her.

10. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

Well...

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

11. jbsimm2

jbsimm2

I dont understand. Are you worried she will be beat by police or by other protesters? Around here only white people are protesting. All the rioters and looters have been white.

12. Deltic

Deltic

Don't forget eye protection.
    [​IMG]

pgg00, MrGlock21 and Butch_Coolidge like this.
  13. Current Resident

Current Resident

Bingo, its not a one sided world. I hope she stands up for other causes too, not just what is on facebook propaganda

14. Butch_Coolidge

Butch_Coolidge

Hopefully she doesn’t get your son involved with it. Women are notorious for writing checks with their mouths , that their ass can’t cash. The men around them, can quickly become targets. With the advanced violence these days, people are using weapons instead of fists . No longer can you make a lifetime friend, after acting like a jackass and having a brief altercation. People want to destroy others as sport. Maybe she will get a dose of reality without bad consequences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike from st pe, Deltic and 1bigK like this.
  15. LordAnderson

LordAnderson

It very much is. When was the last time a person accused of killing a cop got bail? When was the last time you heard about a story involving a cop getting killed and said "you know what, I don't have all the details so I'll reserve judgement on that". When was the last time a person killed a cop, got acquitted, sued to get their job back (despite their own negligence) and got a couple of years worth of back pay?

If you can't see that the justice system in the US has tiers, you must not be paying attention.

pi grim likes this.
  16. rock_castle

rock_castle Enjoys liberal temper tantrums & hissy fits

You just can't fix stupid. Hopefully she doesn't learn the hard way what a dumb idea this is.

17. 1bigK

1bigK

Well said Butch. But the consequences would need to be some degree of bad for her to learn her lesson. So I would hope that her reality does not include permanent consequences. JMHO.

Butch_Coolidge and Caver 60 like this.
  18. 1bigK

1bigK

For some lessons, they just have to be learned the hard way. I do hope that the DIL isn’t hurt to badly.

larry_minn likes this.
  19. Ftttu

Ftttu

Just like those lily-white young D.C. couple who were killed when they went on a cycling trip in Tajikistan believing they were safe because "all humans are kind", it is possible her noble intentions may not get recognized.

I have a grandniece and a daughter who are far lefties, and since they are adults, I say let them both reap what they sow.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    rayzer007, hilljo, Deltic and 2 others like this.
  20. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Well when she calls you from jail to come bail her out then you have a decision to make. Go immediately, go slow, don't go. Neither of my parents would go unless it had been 3 or 4 days then they would go reluctantly.
    If it's the ER go immediately!

Jade Falcon, DAKA, larry_minn and 4 others like this.