close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dating and living with a different chick.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by puckhead, Apr 2, 2012.

1. puckhead

puckhead

Would you do it? Date someone else and have a different girl live in the same house as you?

My first instinct is no way! But I do have an unused bedroom and having someone help with rent would be awesome. I envision some drama though.

2. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

Unless the roomate has completely separate living quarters:
    Any woman you date will have an issue with it. I don't care if she says its fine. Eventually it will become a problem.

My ex-wife dated and married a guy in the same situation. His situation between him and his female roomate got ugly when the roomie had feelings for him and he didn't reciprocate. Either way, it will cause problems with one female or the other.

3. puckhead

puckhead

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.

4. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

It's a DRAMA SCENE waiting to happen! It won't turn out pretty. In the short term, could it be interesting? Yep!! But long term...more than 30 days....DRAMA will fill the air!!

:wavey:

red

5. Ragnar

Ragnar

Threesome! :dancing::banana::snoopy::cheerleader::devildance::dancingbanana:

Ride it while you can . . .

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  6. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I've done it and it can bring more insecurities to the one your dating now even if she is hotter than the one you live with. You have to be conscious of some of the things you do, being friendly to your roommate before the new girl came is fine but if you do some of the same things when the new girl is around she may overreact or get the wrong idea even if its innocent. Like a hug, peck on the check, compliment (oh so dangerous). There is more but I dont have 30 hours to type it all, good luck :wavey:

:50cal:

7. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Have the live-with wrinkle her nose and spritz you with Ozium every time you walk by her in the presence of sex-toy.

Sex-toy will soon get the idea that live-with thinks you are repugnant, and a cat fight will surely follow.

Your video will end up on Tosh.O, and you will be even more famous than the guy who dated a woman with kids.

8. goatranch

goatranch

All these "would you do it" on here...if you have to ask on a gun forum DO NOT DO IT!!!

9. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

As great as it sounds, and you might be joking but the idea is out there, so.......... dont sh-t where you sleep. There will be more drama then you'll ever know down the road. At first its great and the sex is wonderful but sooner or later feelings will arise and then........................ Better of joining a swingers group/party or finding a no strings attached 3rd person/guest star that can become a regular visitor but not someone that you see everyday and gets jealous when you don't get her flowers/jewellery/stuff like that you got your girl. :brickwall:. U will need lots of Advil and time out of your own place to relax.

:50cal:

10. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

DO IT!!!

You only live once.

11. Mrs. VR

Mrs. VR Sharon, you will be missed.

Eh, when I met VR he was renting to three roommates, one of who was a very attractive female fellow law student. It was absolutely never an issue for us, but maybe because there were two other guys to mitigate it. :dunno:

12. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

That has bad written all over it!

13. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

This type of post is full of "I know what I should do but I want permission to do what I know will turn out badly."

14. smokin762

smokin762

:rofl::rofl:

15. goatranch

goatranch

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :crying:

16. Neero

Neero Sleep-deprived

Yeah... no. Few people are secure enough to not have doubts/jealousies/fears in that situation. Reverse the tables - would you be just fine and dandy dating a girl that just happened to live with a handsome and charming man that drove a Porsche? Totally cool with her "being tired and just staying in to watch a movie with the roomie" on a Saturday?

17. mknpwr

mknpwr

My suggestion is do, join ADVrider.com and post the same question/aftermath in Jomomma...

Sent from my rotary dial phone

18. IGotIt

IGotIt No Demlibtards

Area marked off with yellow crime scene tape is all I have to say.........

19. avail

avail

Man, if that's situation is bad, then I don't want to be good. :supergrin:

No, but seriously, I think it will work out well for you. Let's walk through this situation:

First, your GF isn't living with you right now. If she knows that you need/want a roommate, but won't move in with you yet, then that tells you something.

Next, unless your GF is a total nutjob, she'll be extra "girl nice" to your new roommate to establish herself and try to win her over. If she's not nice to your new roommate, you should dump her anyway.

With a new roommate, your GF won't ever want to look bad in front of her, so she'll be on her best behavior. If she gives you a hard time and you get in a fight, she knows you'll go home and hang with your roommate. Women always treat men the best when they don't feel fully secure.

If things good well, after the lease is up, ask your GF to move in with you. If they don't go well, you have a "wing-woman" to help you meet new people.

It's a No Lose Situation. Get a female roommate.

-avail :wavey:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  20. trashcat

trashcat

I have a couple times during and a few years after college and the dynamics worked well. I have not lived with a girl as a roomate whom I had ever had any relations other than being friends.
    If your girlfriend has a problem with you living with another female house mate then she either isn't mature enough yet to be confident in herself and your relationship or she's the type who is always going to have suspicions about you and your interaction with other women. You can replace a crazy/suspicious/distrustful girlfriend far easier than you can replace a great house mate. This is my experience your mileage may vary.

Of course the above does not apply if you have a history of cheating or not being able to separate house mate from casual booty call.