close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Darn club initiation!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Nukem, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Nukem

Nukem

Wow! I joined the KaBoom club this afternoon…using the same factory ammo I used at the Jacksonville GSSF match . And I am very glad this did not happen at the match! Though I would like for the armorer to check it out before using it again. Yes – it’s a 40 caliber (G23).

The bottom of the brass “let go” and did an auto ejection of magazine. I have a nice etched rectangular “tattoo” on my right index finger from the opening around the magazine release (shooting right handed). But it appears the only damage to the Glock is to the slide release…the exterior portion is gone. I had been using it prior to the KB, so its too coincidental for it to have broken other than during the “event”.

Darn club initiation! :( Wonder how long before tingling stops? (rhetorical)

2. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

Lets have more details about the ammo. Honest to G_d Kb!s with honest to G_d SAAMI-spec ammo are about as common as hens teeth. ;Q

3. Nukem

Nukem

It is/was 180 grain FMJ listed as being 950 feet/second. I've used this brand/loading for years with no problem. Although it can be considered a rare anomaly, 24 hours+ later I still have an irrational concern with using any more of it. (maybe next weekend I'll "get back on that horse")

4. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

If you had a kaboom with "factory" ammo, why in the world aren't you contacting the factory & seeing what they are going to do about it? It could be an entire bad batch or lot & you might save someone's life that was shooting a gun less able to handle the overpressure? Also, why aren't you posting on here the ammo brand & lot numbers? MLM

5. Nukem

Nukem

Already notified them...am awaiting reply. I always hate the reaction to a good company that has the bad fortune of weak/bad brass in one round...though it could be an entire lot.
    But heck - its that initiation that is a shocker! If you've never actually looked down an visually counted your fingers....^9 Then realize YES! I have them all!!~2