Danish Study On Mask Effectiveness

Discussion in 'Covid-19 News/Info' started by reniram, Oct 27, 2020.

1. elkhart

elkhart

2. elkhart

elkhart

Agreed. Then the faithful masker fills their Virtue Mask with germs, touches it, then spreads their concentrated yuck on everything they touch.

3. R*E

R*E

Before this pandemic, did you talk to people face to face? Been on the receiving end of spittle? Spittle shower on others? Been on both ends.

nursetim likes this.
  4. VoodooMountain

VoodooMountain

I have yet to see any well designed study showing masks do much of anything concerning their current intended use and with respect to the types of masks used against containing this virus.

A person would think that info would be readily available.

I can't speak to much of anything concerning the OSHA story on this thread other than to say that these disposable masks were never intended for this role.

I would like to see some research as to what happens to all the pathogens a person exhales when masking. To breath we are taking in and expelling the same volume of air. With or without the mask.

If the pathogens are contained in the mask...then why is it okay to reuse them and why aren't there proper disposal areas for these germ infested masks

If, on the other hand, the pathogens escape the mask then what's the point? We now have a condensed cloud of germs around your face.

nursetim likes this.
  5. drumgod

drumgod

A woman adjusted *my* mask last weekend. I had a bag of softener salt in each hand and my mask was fanning upwards almost over my eyes. I stopped to let a women exit before me. She looked at me, laughed, reached over and pulled my mask down.

nursetim likes this.
  6. racerford

racerford

Yes, and every one of them could have had a potentially fatal communicable disease. Did you wear a mask?

nursetim likes this.
  7. nursetim

nursetim

This helped your immune system. Ever eat in a restaurant? Chefs yell, A LOT! Spittle gets in your food all the time. Waiters/waitresses yell to be heard in the kitchen all the time, their spittle gets in as they are picking up your food, and our immune systems benefited from this, we even thrived deSPITe this.

Quijibo and ThatGuyYouKnow like this.
  8. Rocks

Rocks

SC in a country that's going down the toilet
    Especially when you complain and send food back!:dancingbanana:

Deanster, nursetim and elkhart like this.
  9. reniram

reniram

For those that didn't read the article two of the researchers were Thomas Lars Benfield, professor of infectious diseases at Hvidovre Hospital near Copenhagen and Henning Bundgaard, professor of cardiology and chief physician at Rigshospitalet which is the premier hospital in Denmark and affiliated with the University of Copenhagen. Pretty hard to use the term "science denier" for people with those types of credentials. The story was run October 22 in Berlingske Tidende which is one of the two main newspapers in Copenhagen.

nursetim and tm255 like this.
  10. fx77

fx77 CLM

The reputable peer reviewed journals refuse to publish the study because of suspected , but unproven , compliance bias
    how do you know the mask group wore the mask , and the non mask group did NOT wear a mask?
    Such study designs, however have been published on multiple occasions throughout the medical literature.
    Politics?

reniram and nursetim like this.
  11. GlockTrader45

GlockTrader45

If we were all walking around with our chest cavities open & exposed, then your analogy would be correct. Surgery is different from everyday life.

Quijibo and nursetim like this.
  12. GlockTrader45

GlockTrader45

Will you wear a mask for the rest of your life?

There is always a chance you could be carrying a potentially fatal communicable disease.

Quijibo and nursetim like this.
  13. tm255

tm255

Wealth of research indicating that masks are ineffective re preventing ChinaVirus infection.

Example: https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

As for the contrary scientific data indicating that masks are effective

Examples: 1) CNN and MSLSD say so 2) Leftists wear them when in front of the camera (but not off camera, per Pelosi and Feinstein)

ThatGuyYouKnow and nursetim like this.
  14. racerford

racerford

Not me. I wear one now when required. When this over, I will wear one when it makes sense. When one of my children was born, my wife was kept in a negative pressure isolation ward. I wore a complete gown and mask as required. I would also wear one while mowing the lawn to reduce ingesting grass, and dirt particles.

when I am sick, I stay home.

Deanster, tm255 and nursetim like this.
  15. R*E

R*E

Yep and I was blissfully unconcerned before the pandemic.

nursetim likes this.
  16. nursetim

nursetim

I still don’t care. I care if a spittle great gobs when I speak to someone face to face, but that is just embarrassing to me, not concerned that I have infected them with a plague.

17. Taz

Taz

You should read up on what masks are designed to protect against. Doctors wear masks and clean their hands, operating rooms when they cut you open in an effort to keep you from getting a bacterial infection. Bacterial infections like Staph and such are serious concerns even in 2020. If you read the fine print on the boxes of masks, even the coveted N95’s you’ll realize they do not protect against viruses. If they did folks working in labs could save millions of $$ on PPE by only using N95’s. Instead they use protection actually designed to prevent viruses from entering their systems. Man my profit sharing checks would be through the roof if N95 were acceptable in those environments.

Masks are symbolic. Dr. Falsie said so himself. They will stop globs of spittle abs remind you to keep your distance. They may or may not help with you messing with your face/eyes.

Nope. I don’t hang out with drooling retards. I neither allow people into my personal space aka face nor do I get in others space. I guess I was social distancing before it was cool.

It’s amazing how folks adamant that masks are effective against viruses worry about those around them not wearing them. If they truly worked, those with masks are safe and only those without are at risk.

nursetim likes this.
  18. Quijibo

Quijibo King Doofus.

If you sneeze in your mask your beard will be gross.

nursetim and R*E like this.
  19. reniram

reniram

That's a good point. Did the three journals that have refused to publish the study explicitly say this? If so, it does make the case (as you point out) for political bias.

20. redneck ron

redneck ron Displaced Hillbilly

That’s why you pull the mask down when you sneeze.

CAC01B72-E157-44E6-BF57-F45F95755596.gif