GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
Joined
·
63,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danish PM in US: Denmark is not socialist

"I know that some people in the US associate the Nordic model with some sort of socialism. Therefore I would like to make one thing clear. Denmark is far from a socialist planned economy. Denmark is a market economy,” Rasmussen said.

“The Nordic model is an expanded welfare state which provides a high level of security for its citizens, but it is also a successful market economy with much freedom to pursue your dreams and live your life as you wish,” he added.
And, of course, others sources have pointed out that, even if it's only "an expanded welfare state," it is also failing, but, having a smaller population than Maryland, made up primarily Danes (88% Danish and most of the other 12% are European immigrants), it isn't failing as fast as we are starting to.
World-Beating Debt Burden Is No ‘Serious Threat’ to Denmark
Danish households owe their creditors 321 percent of disposable incomes, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. That’s the highest ratio in the world and a level that’s prompted warnings from both the OECD and the International Monetary Fund to rein in borrowing. Danish authorities have argued that households aren’t at risk thanks to high pension and household equity levels.
In short - Denmark sucks, economically, and they are still outraged that Bernie Sanders calls them socialists.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,203 Posts
Well, if they don't want to be called socialists then they shouldn't do socialist things. That's like engaging in criminal activity and getting all indignant when someone calls you a criminal.

It makes you wonder where their line defining socialism is drawn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,737 Posts
Socialism is a flawed concept. Big government is like a black hole sucking in all productive activities and destroying them. Sanders is one of those American idealists that is incapable of doing intelligent research and concluding that all examples of socialism have failed. Hamstringing the American economy, building bullet trains that nobody is going to ride, and replacing traffic lights with rotaries is not going to create a utopia. It is going to destroy the strongest bastion of freedom the world has ever known and lead us into a slide backward to totalitarianism and the elimination of the middle class.
And Sanders looks up to failed European economies as the model he wants to install here.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top