close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

Dangerous Ammo

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Keith E., Jan 18, 2004.

1. Keith E.

Keith E.

I highly recommend not buying or using any of the Indian .308 surplus ammo that's been going around lately. The last batch I got had 129 bad rounds out of 400 that I inspected(damaged & split necks, damaged shoulders, paper thin rims, corrosion, gunk). My experience before with this ammo had been about 2-3% faulty ammo.

Keith

2. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

about 2-3% faulty ammo. That is more then enough reason for me to avoid any ammo.

3. FireInTheHole

FireInTheHole KaBoooom!

Dont buy any of the unsorted stuff. I bought a case from jgsales.com and it is all gone now. Not a single misfire.(fired from an FAL and M1A)

I've even reloaded some of the brass 3 times now!(although it takes time to process.. case length varies alot and there is a crimped primer)

At $100-120/case it is a bargain...
    just dont buy anything sold by the 640rd case!!!!

4. crash700

crash700

I have had good luck with the Port ammo in my M1As and my FALs. Aim Surplus did have some more in stock but I haven't ordered any within the last few weeks.

5. kf4zra

kf4zra I miss ya Murph

that indian stuff can be cheap to shoot, but not at that failure rate.

my shooting buddy was loading up some of his FAL mags when he heard a strange sounding round. he said that he heard something in there. i told him it was probably powder. i changed my mind quick when i held the round. this is a pic of what we found when we pulled the bullet. btw that is 2 primers, and a piece of carpet or something along with all that powder.

JOhn

6. CarloPonti

CarloPonti Deceased

I'm from Bombaaaay and I don't understand. All of this Indian ammo was loaded by my brother Pandit.

Ve are related to the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, banana fanna go fogi. Great grandcousin of Mahat Macoat.

Our quality is velly manificent.

carlo(hindi)ponti