GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
We do ours on a weber gas grill with the rotisserie attachment.

Just received a different Cajun spice to try this time.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Do you use parchment paper as rolling paper, asking for a friend. :supergrin:
Big Bambu’s, but you usually need someone else to operate the lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nursetim

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Just purchased a 7 Lb turkey breast for $3.19/lb. I swore it was more like $2.00/lb last year....

Does anyone have some good advice on roasting the breast in a roaster-oven?
Brine them, the smoke, roast or grill them. I only use 1% salt instead of the 1.75 -2%, just too salty for me. I'll buy up to 10o turkeys the day after and grind, smoke, grill or leave uncooked then make 5 gallons of turkey stock every year.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
We do a breast 'bout every 2 months. Way better sammiches than deli turkey, and a lot cheaper (just got 2 for $2.98 lb.). It's not advisable by any chef's standards, but I bake one at 250 degrees right on the rack with a drip pan underneath. Very little drip in the pan and the meat is succulent. Skin is very nice tan. I try to stay with the 9lb range and it takes just over 3 hrs with a preheated oven. I've tried baking them at 350 and 325 degrees and the meat drips too much and the outter layer of meat gets dry before the inside hits 165 degrees.
You use any rubs?

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Brine it for 8 ti 12 hours . Rinse it , rub it with oil and season it . Pre heat the oven to 450 . Cook it for about 25 to 30 minutes at 450 or until the skin is brown . Turn the temperature down to 350 and remove the turkey , put a thermometer in the thickest part of the breast and bake it at 350* until the temperature reaches 162* remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 15 to 20 minutes before you cut it . I use a digital thermometer that I can read from the outside and alarm , so that I don’t have to keep opening the oven door .

·
Horselover Fat
32,952 Posts

·
Horselover Fat
32,952 Posts
Can’t beat monkeys, fart jokes and motorboating lol!!

Reactions: flyover

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Following.......I'm gonna go all out on my bachelor Thanksgiving this year......I'm talking banquet family pack

·
Registered
11,018 Posts
Boys focus on breast, men like the thighs!

·
Registered
10,682 Posts
Try divorcing a pair, cost 1/2 your crap.
I don't know how many guys at work had paid for a set, only to have her divorce them shortly thereafter...............................I asked them, "Did you get visitation rights?"

I don't care if I hated her, I would want her to have to flop them out once a month.

I've made the assumption, that if they start wanting a pumped up set, they may be looking to take off.

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
Spray the Butterball Turkey breast with Pam cooking spray butter flavor, season with Rosemary and Thyme. Put in roasting pan and follow the cooking instructions. Really, that's all it takes. Browns up nice and is still moist.

You don't have to worry like a full bird.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts