close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Damned Infernal Baseplates!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Restless28, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28

I cannot for the life of me, remove these damned Baseplates on my G26 mags! I want to add Pearce extensions to a couple and I'm depressing the button on the bottom and trying to squeeze the mag and slide the bottom off.

Is there a trick to this?! Help!

2. RLZIII

RLZIII

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGPqUqjeTSY"]Glock Magazine Disassembly (In HD) - YouTube[/ame]

This video should help. It takes a moment to get used to squeezing the sides of the magazine tube, but once you get it down, it's not very hard.

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

i take a large pair of channel locks, place a small piece of plywood/wood on the magazine and give a squeeze. Using just my fingers doesn't work.

4. Restless28

Restless28

Thanks for the video, but the big channel locks did the trick. Now, I'll tackle and extended slide release next, lol.

5. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

I've had one or two brand new magazines that I DID use channel lock pliers, tape, and a rag on; but, 98% of the time such extreme measures aren't necessary. The polymer on brand new magazines can stick together, pretty tightly; but I suspect your problem is really caused by your failure to push the magazine insert plate up and out of the way BEFORE you attempt to pull the floor plate forward. When I remove a base plate I'll press one side of the magazine against the edge of a table, just above the floor plate, and then push the insert plate up and out of the way with an armorer's tool BEFORE yanking the base plate forward. (Comes right off every time!)

6. Glock 1

Glock 1

Use the right tool for the job. Use a glock tool. It's a 5 dollar part and will save you time and damage. Its stupid easy to get the entire gun apart in under 2 minutes with it. As for the mags, shove it in the hole hold the mag and pull the plate forward. I put these on all the g27 & g26's I sell.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  7. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member Silver Member

http://mygtul.com/ 'Nuff said. Makes servicing all mags (and especially those hard to tackle 10 rounders) a breeze. PLUS, there's a brush to clean them when you get the courage to do it again!!! :supergrin:

8. D4RWlN

D4RWlN

+1 on GTUL . I took apart mag the normal way for years. Then I tried the GTUL. I'm never going back.

9. voyager4520

voyager4520

I use a 1/8 inch punch and just muscle them off.

10. PM720

PM720

+2. :thumbsup:

Scott

11. nraman

nraman

You are trying to do it the way you would on other guns by depressing the button. That is not the way it works with a Glock.
    You use a Glock tool or similar punch not to depress the button but, to flip the inner bottom plate, you stick the tool all the way in.
    If you just depress the button, it will not work because the inner plate will prevent the sides from squeezing in and releasing the bottom plate.
    Flip the inner plate, you don't need channelocks or a vice or anything else.

12. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

:goodpost:

13. Glock 1

Glock 1

Every glock mag I have had apart the inner plate isnt as wide as the bottom of the mag by a good bit. Not sure its wide enough to keep it from compressing the sides. I will have to look tomorrow.

14. uc1twinbee

uc1twinbee

I agree, the Gtul makes it so easy!:supergrin:

15. GThirtyTwo

GThirtyTwo Amor patriae

I've never handled any glock mags that couldn't be disassembled by hand, and that includes pushing the plunger in on the baseplate. Plastic seizing up and sticking together?

16. 21GlockStreet

21GlockStreet

They are a pain in the ***. I had to use a pair of cannon plug pliers to squeeze the bottom of the mag along with a 3/32 pin punch. Secret is to get the base plate and spring down so as to allow the mag to give a little. Good luck.