Damn you gappers went and bought all the damn ammo.

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by SkippyKustoms, Mar 24, 2020.

1. SkippyKustoms

SkippyKustoms

Gonna be even harder to find .45 GAP after this drama is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tuica

tuica

Hope it isn’t a problem - if that’s what you need to get - as it never was a huge draw during normal times. Or...are you being facetious?...;-)

Gray_Rider likes this.

3. tuica

tuica

Thanks for the link. Personally, I have enough.

4. SkippyKustoms

SkippyKustoms

I’ve got a bunch. Was just stirring the pot with all this drama it’s amazing how much of the reasonably priced “obsolete” 45 gap has sold out of almost every dealer out there. For a caliber that everyone says is dead and obsolete there sure was a bunch of it bought up this past week.

Gray_Rider and tuica like this.
  5. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

Not even they are that stupid

6. HappyGAP

HappyGAP

IT WAS ME, lol, kind of. I was placing my yearly competition ammo order anyways before all this SHTF. I ordered the last two cases of the 200gr from TSportsUSA the Friday before I think the 12th. Shipped this Tues and should be here Friday. I had been watching the online inventory and I know they said they had 75 cases at the end of February so in a month, 73 cases went somewhere... As mentioned must be a few more folks with GAPs then most think.

I think I looked at laxammo since the nickel cases I use for my frangible/defense rounds and they were out of the 500rd ammo boxes.

My big box LGS has Lawman 200/185, but they update prices regularly so when Speer raised their catalog price they raised the price to 43.95/box of 50. Idiots. It will rot on that shelf. Especially here where GSP ran 45 GAP for years. I can find the 200gr HP in 200rd boxes for 69.99 from the police supply shop so that’s probably my next stop.

Local reloading shop has factory packs at 18.99/pouch of 50. No brass cause I got all they had. They were lined out the building with 9 people allowed in at a time that was Friday the 13th. Commercial guys are out of most of the common calibers so all the 9/40/45A guys are scrounging anywhere for ammo.

Since I’ve taken up reloading. I’m putting some of my older brass into XTP HP and Frangible rounds instead of pushing it. Hopefully the 2K I’ll have will give me some brass, but now all the clubs I shoot at have closed by the local gov (Cobb Co. Ga) so I don’t see myself shooting much of anything for at least a month or two. Maybe burn off some of my older comp loads for practice while I socially distance myself to my backyard range.

It’s an interesting time to be gun owner, and it will be interesting to see if any of the manufacturers step up and start making GAP. I think the end result is the LGSs won’t place any new orders unless they know someone/multiple people will be buying it which is why I make sure to be extra prideful of my GAPs. They may snicker behind my back about the round but when they get ammo in I’m always in there to make sure they know there is a market. Eventually they run out of jokes and will keep an eye on the distributor market for ammo. That’s why I support my local small business LGS because they keep HP in stock in case I need some and usually get me some solid deals when they can.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  7. SkippyKustoms

SkippyKustoms

You’re probably the one that bought the last case right out from under me. Lol
    I was logging into target sports on Friday the 13th to order a case. They were showing 3 cases in stock. By the time I logged in and tried to check out it was out of stock.

I bought a few hundred rounds of Remington 230gr but it’s hard to swallow at $20+/box. I’m currently saving brass and waiting on a friend to sell me one of his Dillon presses so now I’m on the hunt for components. Primers are sold out every where at the moment.

8. HappyGAP

HappyGAP

I apologize for that, but when I saw there were only 2 I had to pull. Not even a panic but just had to happen. I know 19.99 is hard to swallow, and I hope suppliers don’t raise prices to play on supply side Econ.

I hear your struggle on primers. I use WSP primers and when I stopped by my brass reclaimer and he said he had sold out of CCI 500s and I immediately went to the reloading shop and bought what they had which was only 2000 Win primers but I saw the pics from our local Academy and the only thing they had was .32 cal stuff. The shelves were bare. No brass, powders, primers, or loaded ammo. I called back and my brass guy does commercial reloads and said CCI was 4-6months on a pallet of new primers so I’m worried we are going to go through another shortage this time on both loaded ammo and reloading components.

I’m not much into hoarding of ammo/guns as I’m still in an apt. and plan to move soon, but this has me kind of ready to turn into the guy with a closet full of an unreasonable amount of ammo.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  9. naughtymoose

naughtymoose

10. orangejeep06

orangejeep06

^this!

11. SkippyKustoms

SkippyKustoms

I’ve been looking for supplies. Slim pickins lately. I did get 1k federal primers and a pound of tite group. Still looking for heads what’s everyone using?

12. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

If you weren't smart enough to "stack it deep" BEFORE the crisis, I have no sympathy for you.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  13. BobR1

BobR1

Went by the local shop yesterday and picked up another 1K of Small Pistol Federals for my revolvers. I picked up another 500 of the 200 grain Missouri Bullet Company OddBall 45 bullets, and another 500 158 grain 357's for my Steel Challenge S&W 627. I also picked up an 8 LB jug of Red Dot for my Trap Gun and an 8 LB jug of American Select for my pistol range ammo. The Reloading Shop is closing due to a divorce. That was all they had in stock of all the above components. His prices have always been the best around.

Bob R

14. Firecop203

Firecop203

I learned my lesson with the 94-04 AWB. Never again.

15. PennsWoods

PennsWoods

I think for those of us just getting old enough or just deciding to own firearms in the last couple years or so, this is our lesson learned.

I'm thankful for a couple people who pointed me in the right direction the last year or two while prices were great. They said stack em deep and now I know that it should be even deeper when things settle down again.

Gray_Rider and Jan R Whitaker like this.
  16. Firecop203

Firecop203

I bought a Glock 21 on a PD letterhead in 1995. The butthead of a dealer made me fill out a 4473 for extra mags because they were over the 10 round capacity. Totally stupid.

At the time he was a Glock Distributor. He got slapped by Glock after he got reported for pulling two mags out of the cases of Blue Label pistols and selling them for twice the price.

He was on their bad boy list for about two years before he got his privileges back.

Gray_Rider likes this.
  17. thespork

thespork

you do you mang... but IMHO, the GAP is an answer to a question nobody asked...

18. Trucker3573

Trucker3573

The one person that shoots it must be the ultimate hoarder. Lol

19. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver