Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New member here,
Thought this issue was cleared up with Glock...
Well anyways, I recently bought a G17 4thGen glock on 1/24/11(inspection date 11/16/2010). I wanted G21SF but a buddy of mine gave a bunch of 17rd mags his Agency had tossed in the trash(Yeah, tossed a box of about 30. And these mags are in pretty good condition btw). So I decided to get a Gen 4 G17 and wait and see if Glock drops a Gen 4 G21 later on. Well, I went to the range yesterday evening. I got a FTE once out of 100rds and several shells were either popping straight up or back at my googles. Crazy thing is I have the 0 2 recoil spring in my gun. The very recoils spring that was supposed to had cured this issue. Maybe I'm a little outrageous with this issue. Because My Gen 3 G20/G17 I had never had a FTF or FTE. Once out of a 100rds is serious to me with Glock. And the next time can be the one time I need it to go bang and it doesn't.

I was too pissed to snap a pic of it but, I googled around my issue and came across someone else whom posted pics of their FTE. So my question is this: Is there an 0 3 spring out there now, thats does what the 0 2 was supposed to had done? I mean I thought the 0 2 springs where the fix, my gun has the 0 2 spring it but as you'll see in the field stripped pic there's an 03 spring.
First pics is EXACTLY what happened to my gun yesterday.
Second pic is a field strip with a 0 3 spring.

Attachments

·
20,411 Posts
1. Are you new to shooting Glocks?

2. What were you using for ammo?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
First of all, are you sure that is a 17 in the picture you posted? Looks like a 19 or 23 to me.

Second, did you use any of the mags that you got out of the trash?

·
Nagant-ophile
1,517 Posts
First pics is EXACTLY what happened to my gun yesterday.
Second pic is a field strip with a 0 3 spring.

Welcome to the board!!

BTW, the 0 3 is for the GEN4 G19 (not the GEN4 G17) - unless my eyes deceive me, that is a GEN4 G19 in your 2nd pic. That spring will NOT work in your gun.

·
Registered
292 Posts
First of all, are you sure that is a 17 in the picture you posted? Looks like a 19 or 23 to me.
Dang, great point! Following reading your email I 'now' realize the magazine is a 15 rounder, not a 17th.

Edit: To answer the OP question, there is a "04" spring for Gen 4 G19's. The Gen 4 G17 goes up to "02-1"

·
20,411 Posts
Rule #1: Know Your Weapon!

·
Man, I'm Pretty
30,369 Posts
1. Are you new to shooting Glocks?

2. What were you using for ammo?
3. How many rounds do you have through the gun?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Rule #1: Know Your Weapon!
Rule #2: learn to read a post. He states he didn't take the pic just using it as a reference to show what happened.:supergrin:

·
Registered
214 Posts
More importantly than ammo and recoil springs the OP said he's using magazines his buddies agency dumped in the trash so thats a good place to start. Who know what condition the feed lips, mag springs and followers are in.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry for the late reply.
No I've been Glocking since about 98 or so. Changing up going to Baby eagles, Sigs, Rugers, S.W.s, and then recently back to Glock once I felt that Gen4 grip at gunshow.
I shot brand new federal 115gr FMJ ammo from Walmart I wasn't limp-wristing or anything. I had the guys who own the range shoot off a mag and they got hit up also. From that chart my spring would be the Ref 8692. With the "0" in the 9 o'clock postion, "1" in the 6 o'clock position, and the "2" in the 3 o'clock position.
And those mags are good condition. From what he told me they switched to HK P2000s. But as for the ejection probs, I would account that to be between to extractor/ejector. I can say I shot pretty good though at 20yds. I thought maybe I was being a anus posting but, I figured I'd let it be known anyways.

platoonDaddy,
I think I may just get one of those systems from glockmeister. My thing is this " I shouldn't have to buy a new gun, and have to fix it in order to make it do what its supposed to do in the first place" Ya know. Especially a Glock. But I love Glock so hey.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Sorry for the late reply.
No I've been Glocking since about 98 or so. Changing up going to Baby eagles, Sigs, Rugers, S.W.s, and then recently back to Glock once I felt that Gen4 grip at gunshow.
I shot brand new federal 115gr FMJ ammo from Walmart I wasn't limp-wristing or anything. I had the guys who own the range shoot off a mag and they got hit up also. From that chart my spring would be the Ref 8692. With the "0" in the 9 o'clock postion, "1" in the 6 o'clock position, and the "2" in the 3 o'clock position.
And those mags are good condition. From what he told me they switched to HK P2000s. But as for the ejection probs, I would account that to be between to extractor/ejector. I can say I shot pretty good though at 20yds. I thought maybe I was being a anus posting but, I figured I'd let it be known anyways.

platoonDaddy,
I think I may just get one of those systems from glockmeister. My thing is this " I shouldn't have to buy a new gun, and have to fix it in order to make it do what its supposed to do in the first place" Ya know. Especially a Glock. But I love Glock so hey.
If all you used was only this ammo, I would try a different brand before you do anything!!! this ammo has numerous reports of being a weak powered round.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
As far as I understand the latest springs for the G17 Gen4 is the 0,2,1
For the G19 Gen4 is the 0,4 and for the G23 is the 0,3.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If all you used was only this ammo, I would try a different brand before you do anything!!! this ammo has numerous reports of being a weak powered round.
I agree with Texas_rifle, I have Gen3 23 and had issues with that ammo. I went back to wwb.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, I'm going to do just that. I'll try some American Eagle, UMCs, and maybe some Winchester FMJ, this Wednesday.

·
USS Texas BB-35
4,583 Posts
Go to Academy and pick up some 115 gr Monarch, its cheap and shoots very well

1 - 20 of 40 Posts