close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Damn! Failure to feed 3 times !

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tucojuanramirez, May 9, 2012.

1. Combatarmory.com

Combatarmory.com

LOL, Exactly what I was thinking.

2. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

ok I tell you a story. I was at the range. After I have shooted I ask to the instructor to try my pistol. That day I've got one failure to feed with FIOCCHI, but with sellier and bellot and with magtech NO PROBLEMS! He comes into the line of shooting, he takes his ammo .... AND were FIOCCHI to! So I stand behind the instructor, I've seen him shooting a full magazine, and I noticed bad ejection of brass with his FIOCCHI.

so in my opinion FIOCCHI 124 grains, copper plated, aren't the top for glock 19 gen 4

3. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

in italy glocks are chambered for 9 x 21 and ammo are 9 x 21

4. ShapesAndColors

ShapesAndColors Life is good..

Interesting. Is that the result of a law about civilians not being able to use military calibers?

5. Jeff82

Jeff82 NRA Benefactor CLM

6. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Don't worry about your English. It's good enough.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  7. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

yes sir, in italy 9 parabellum is a military caliber, so we have got 9x21 imi (israelian military industries), that is 5% more powerful than 9 luger ....
    a classic italian job!

8. ShapesAndColors

ShapesAndColors Life is good..

Interesting. Thanks for the information!

9. Veedubklown

Veedubklown

+1 to the break-in period. I'm sure this will even out in the next couple hundred rounds. Just keep workin it. If it doesn't slide home, then slap the magazine on the base, grip the top of the slide, and pull back hard until it stops, then let go. This should put you back in the paper target fight. Failure drills are good to practice anyway.

10. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

thank u!

11. 4949shooter

4949shooter

A few years ago some Italiano police officers stopped by our HQ for a visit. I showed them my hollowpoint ammo, and you would think I showed them the silver bullet that killed dracula, Lol..

Tuco, do your police carry carry 9X19, or must they carry 9X21 also? I never thought to ask them when they were here.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  12. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

police and military forces put 9x19 in tjeir pistols and machine pistols! hollowpoint not permitted for civilian use

13. 4949shooter

4949shooter

Thanks..

14. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

For once one of Danny's usual comments about the ammo being at fault is - sadly - absolutely correct. Of late I've been noticing this with my Wal-Mart ammo, too.

Other than this: STOP USING THE, 'HOLD OPEN BUTTON'. :supergrin: Use the hand-over-top (H.O.T.) method of releasing the slide, instead. I'd, also, suggest that you fully load up your magazines and leave them that way for a few days. Now, for the first time in 10 years on Glock Talk, I'm going to suggest that you make sure you're PULLING DOWN with your support hand while firing your Glock.

(You're not torquing the backstrap off the base of your thumb while firing, either, are you?)

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  15. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

You know, I think you're right! 'Why' is the real question? I'll just bet that those damned new MIM (or whatever) extractors start to gall as usage increases; and, then, reliability goes straight, 'out the window'. ;)

16. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

OK, IN THE FUTURE I'M GOING OT USE THE H.O.T. METHOD, but it's interesting that a pistol don't feed a 9 mm with rounded bullet.
    I've put the middle size backstrap now, because after some valutations, my hand was "over surround" the pistol, and I'm not sure that my thumb wasn't touching the mag release button.
    thank you arc angel

17. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

If you flex your wrist while snapping the slide shut you may, very well, get a failure-to-feed. (This is another reason, 'Why' you shouldn't teach yourself to work with the SLIDE STOP - OK. In CQB pistol combat it's always best to release the slide by going, 'Hand-Over-Top'.)

HAND-OVER-TOP (H.O.T. METHOD) -

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/231/handovertopmethod.jpg (Yes, I'm stealing another photo from Butch, again!) :supergrin:

Now, push forward with your gun hand, and pull all the way backward with your support hand. Then, open your support hand and allow the slide to snap home under its own power. When I'm shooting combat pistol I reach across my body with my support hand in order to grab the top of the slide WHILE the muzzle is pointed at the target. As the slide snaps shut I actually, 'push' the muzzle into the target as I begin to fire - OK! ;)

The reason, 'Why' I told you to load up your magazines and leave them that way for a few days is to cause the magazine springs to take a, 'set'. This way if a magazine spring is too strong it won't force the top round up against the cartridge, 'pickup rail' and cause a misfeed.

You might want to put some tape on your magazines for awhile so that you can tell them apart.

18. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez

YOU ARE A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION SIR !

OK. TOMORROW I booked an hour to the range!
    These are the situations:
    1) new spring (0-4-3) :supergrin:
    2) new ejector (30274) :supergrin:
    3) full loaded mags :supergrin:
    4) ... a lot of ammo ... :steamed:
    ... and ...
    5) A LOT OF GREAT TRICKS! :supergrin:

Tomorrow I'm reporting on this forum the result of this great mix.

In glock we trust

19. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

:) Why, thank you! You're compliment kind 'a makes up for the angry little man in the reloading section who just called me a troll. (Sometimes the anonymity of cyberspace seems to bring out all of the best in people; doesn't it!) ;)

Do one other thing for me: Make sure you operate that Glock with a stiff gun wrist. Don't allow your gun wrist to flex on either the shot or the slide closing. Personally, I always seem to shoot best whenever there's a strong downward pull on my support hand. (You need to begin sensing a, 'rhythm' between the muzzle recoiling upwards and your support hand pulling downwards - OK!)

You, also, want that pistol's backstrap to be running along the inside heel of your gun hand and NOT along the outer base of your thumb. Remember, it's not about, 'tricks'; it's about using proper technique, instead. Good luck! :thumbsup:

20. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Not everyone can be smart like me:tongueout: