close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Damage to ejector on trigger housing

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by djgio, Apr 6, 2010.

1. djgio

djgio

I was hoping to confirm my fear that I have damaged the ejector on my G21. Using a loop cable gun lock, the slide got away from me as I put the cable through the chamber. I have attached a picture of what I saw when I looked inside. Looks to me that I bent the ejector :crying:.

I guess I have three questions.

First, did I in fact bend the ejector? On my other Glocks the ejectors are straight and I never recall seeing it bent on my G21.

Second, is this an easy fix or should I go to a gun smith? I have found the trigger houssing with ejector for $8. I imagine labor to replace it is going to be about $50.

Third, how do you use a loop gun lock? I have decided that I will remove the slide in the future and loop the cable through the reciever. I don't like leaving the slide locked open for extended periods of time and I don't like it closed on the cable.

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Dan

Attached Files:

2. JR

JR Moderator Millennium Member

Dan
    1 The ejector is fine. That is the way it is manufactured. No need to change out the trigger housing.
    2 Never pay a gunsmith to do an easy job like this. I highly recommend you pick up a copy of "The Complete Glock Reference Guide" and do the work yourself. http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=186 I guarantee this easy to read instruction manual will walk you through any and every little detail you want to do to your Glock.
    3 If you really want to use a gun lock I recommend you loop the cable through the mag well and out the ejection port. Drop (ease it down) the slide on the cable and be done with it.

3. djgio

djgio

JR, Thanks for the comments. What a relief!! I have seen that book before on line. I think it is time to order it.

Thanks again.