Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police were continuing to negotiate with a man in an armored vehicle after he opened fire on Dallas police headquarters and led dozens of squad cars on a chase that ended in Hutchins.

No injuries had been confirmed in the attack early Saturday, though the gunman told police he had been wounded.

The man has identified himself as James Boulware, 50, who has a history of family violence and blames authorities for his losing custody of his son, Dallas police Chief David Brown said.

The gunman said he was going to blow up police because they “took his child and accused him of being a terrorist,” Brown said.

Authorities cautioned that they have not confirmed the man is who he says he is. But in 2013, police in Paris, Texas, said they arrested James Lance Boulware after he obtained firearms, ammunition and body armor before threatening to attack his family, churches and schools. Police said then that he was taken into custody on two felony warrants from Dallas County.

However, it appears the case against him was dismissed last year after he fulfilled requirements imposed on him by a court.

Brown said explosives were found in at least one of four bags hidden in several places outside Jack Evans Police Headquarters south of downtown. The device that was found was described as a pipe bomb.

One of the bags exploded when a bomb squad tried to use a robot to move it, police spokesman Maj. Max Geron said.

The gunman also has threatened that he has explosives in the van, which has gun ports built into its sides.

Police were evacuating nearby residents who live in the South Side on Lamar apartments across the street from the headquarters.

One witness reported that shots had been fired from an elevated position, possibly from the South Side apartments. At least one window at the headquarters building was shot out.

Brown said there had been no confirmation yet of witness reports that there might have been as many as four people involved in the attack, nor that one of them might be on the loose after being unable to get back into the vehicle.

Additional security was implemented at other Dallas police facilities, and officers were urged to check them for suspicious packages or devices.

Dallas Morning News alert

This is ongoing now.

· Registered
368 Posts
Yep they believe the've killed him. Snipers have shot through the front window. Sending robots because they believe it has bombs in it. Apparently have domestic violence issues and possible custody issue. White guy so I'm sure the national media will paint him a tea partier

· Most mackinest
12,582 Posts
There were multiple suspects earlier, including someone shooting from a position of advantage in a nearby apt complex.

Supposedly, they let loose with a .50 BMG rifle and stopped his van.

Insane.

· Premium Member
CLM #38
11,042 Posts
Remember the good old days of Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.

They're dead and buried, people.

Gear up, for the summer will be a long one.

Reactions: TBO

· Registered
368 Posts
There were multiple suspects earlier, including someone shooting from a position of advantage in a nearby apt complex.

Insane.
They are saying that the initial reports of multiple suspects was wrong, they believe it was only one person that different witness saw the same person shooting out of the van. The van was stopped and surrounded and swat shot out the engine block with a .50 cal, then Killed him through the front window. At this point they think it's only one suspect.

· Times Up
1,475 Posts

Insane.
50 BMG? , Now what circumstances would warrant the police needing a military type weapon like that? ( this is sarcasm for the fast conclusion jumpers)

· Registered
5,416 Posts
Some would suggest that we no longer require surplus military vehicles/equipment to do our job..... I suggest that they are misguided....... and don't think for one second that our enemies aren't taking note of this.... Insane is an understatement....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/13/dallas-police-shooting/

This is one quote from comments:

Bring in a crane, and drop a 20ton block of cement onto the van from about 60 feet... that outta do it!

· Registered
10,623 Posts
Hm. The suspect had an armored van. But, the police should not. Correct?

Reactions: Newcop761 and TBO

· Times Up
1,475 Posts
Some would suggest that we no longer require surplus military vehicles/equipment to do our job..... I suggest that they are misguided....... and don't think for one second that our enemies aren't taking note of this.... Insane is an understatement....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/13/dallas-police-shooting/

This is one quote from comments:
Also, which one would be better getting bottles and rocks thrown at it. A new crown Vic / SUV or a Hummer ? I'd rather see surplus military with its armor take the hits as opposed to a new outfitted car.

· Registered
11,894 Posts
Yeah, saw that. She can true to backtrack all she wants but the Freudian slip was loud and clear.

· Registered
38,692 Posts
Time to start carrying RPG's on patrol.
I started thinking of places I could get ingredients for molotov cocktails on the fly. It would annoy me to no end but I would be willing to give up a sock for the cause.

Reactions: Newcop761 and TBO
1 - 20 of 30 Posts