close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dallas (Carrollton) Results are up!

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by jel, May 22, 2002.

1. jel

jel

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Thanks Jackie and GSSF. Team Sidearmor accepts 1st Place Stockmeister.;)

3. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Can someone explain how it all works?

Thanks,
    Laura

4. mcginnes

mcginnes Safety Officer Millennium Member

First, Kudos to the GSSF staff: Great job getting out the scores! Keep up the Good work!

Second, Congradulations Team Side Armor for the First place Stockmeister win, and to Mike Finch for his pistol win!

Third, I've never been a critic of the "share the wealth plan." I love GSSF, and am very greatful for their generousity with prizes, and I think Chris's heart is in the right place, but: Carver and Clemens each got a First and Second place in Master categories. However, Carver gets a pistol and $100 while Clemens gets a pistol and $25? Also, if Clemens had done a little worse he could have gotten a pistol and $100 too?

I like the idea of "spread the wealth," but this is seriously wrong.

5. DannyR

Laura,

Go to www.gssfonline.com

Click on the tab on the left for maps & results

Click on Texas

Click on 2002. If it does not show, press F5.

It takes a while to download 13 pages. You also need adobe, which is available from the site.

6. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

Thanks GSSF staff for all the hard work. I know I critisize alot but I do appreciate everyones efforts.

Congrats to Bobby, Mike, Tony and all the other winners. Some fine shooting.

Well, Patricia looks like you have another Plaque to hang. Team Sidearmor definately accepts and appreciate all Plaques. Just think, the season has only just started, we could beat last years Plaque collection. Thanks Patricia for giving us the opportunity.

7. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

It looks to me like AmCiv is going to be a rough place to live this year!

8. BikerGoddess

I've been looking at them, I just can't figure them out....

It appears I'm 101st out of the civilian class, but that's about all I've ascertained. Cindy claims I'm 3rd out of the females, but I'm not sure how she got that.

And how are the classes decided?

I'm just glad I wasn't last ;f

Laura

9. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Look to the far right on your score line and you will see Adult F. It would appear that you are third adult female. Classes are determined by taking the total number of shooters and dividing them into thirds.

10. BCarver

BCarver CLM Millennium Member

McGinnes,
    I agree with you about the "unknown madness" of the prize distributions. Tony and I were wondering how GSSF would evaluate and decide upon our scores.

If you haven't written a letter to Mr. Gaston Glock and to Chris Edwards, please do so. If they want to spread the wealth, perhaps they should evaluate some of the other ideas that have been shared with them to date. Here's some:

1. Limit the number of guns anyone, any class can win each season. Limit the guns to 6 a year and go back to the way it has always been. If you have the best score, you win.

2. Instead of a $25.00 entry refund, award a minimum of $100.00 for the second win for the Masters.

3. Go back to basics and drop the "spread the wealth"

Hope to see you in Lexington.

11. flaco

flaco

This being my first pistol match of any kind, I was expecting to shoot a (C) score but hoping for a (B). I was VERY HAPPY when I saw that I shot (A). WOO HOO!
    Congrats to all the winners and hats off to GSSF and all of the GREAT staff and volunteers!
    Can't wait for Shreveport.
    Until then.........practice, practice, scoped gun,(oops) practice, and more practice.

Flaco.......

12. Beezer

Beezer

Hey, I'm $25 richer! Like BikerGoddess, Im grateful not to have embarrassed myself completely. This was my second match and I still haven't slain any innocent bystanders. :D May just have to go to San Antonio and/or Shreveport/Bossier.

Beezer

13. Billman

Billman .........panic!

52nd overall

Whew! I was also worried about finishing close to last.

At least I have lots of room for improvement for next year...

14. RenegadeGlocker

RenegadeGlocker

Made it to A class. I see 55% of my time is at 5-2-Glock. Looks like it is time to stop shooting for speed at 10 yards and start shooting slow-fire at 25 to pick up my game. I still have some serious work to do if I want to meet my goal of breaking 100 this year.

15. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Wow, the quality of shooting at Carrolton stepped up a bit from last year. Did you guys see how close the times of 2nd-9th was? Man, that is competition. We all need to go out to California to shoot & show them how it is done in Texas!:) I am hoping the corrected scores will be posted today. They made a little typo on one of my teammates scores. When I called to talk with them about it they were very very nice. It will move this guy from 148th place up to about 34th or so. Thank you GSSF staff for correcting this error. We certainly appreciate all the work you folks do for us. Now all we have to do is decide who gets to keep the team plaque.;a Congratulations to each & every competitor. Without each of you, this would not be nearly as much fun. Anyone ready for San Antonio? MLM

16. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

MLM;
    Yep. I know 2 old Florida Panhandle boys that will be making the trip to both Shreveport and San Antonio. This was our first trip to the Carrollton match but it wont be our last. Great match and I got to spend part of the weekend with my old Air Force friends that I had not seen in almost 12 years. Hope to see you there, we will be in the "Team Sidearmor" shirts and hats.

17. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Don, I will be in San Antonio. Bobby Carver introduced you & me over by the 5 to Glock while he was waiting to shoot. It will be good to see you guys again. I don't think I can make the Shreveport match but San Antonio is a really nice range, a lot like Carrolton & short of a major disaster, I will be there. Take care, MLM

18. geminicricket

geminicricket NRA Life member

I have an easy goal to reach with future shoots.
    Beat my first score.
    I'm embarrassed.
    I'm ashamed.
    Did any bystanders get hurt while I was shooting?
    Hell, I didn't even have fun.
    It was pure agony watching those RO's keep from laughing at me while they searched for holes that weren't there.

19. DannyR

Gemini,

In May 1999, I fired a lot of "warning shots" at my first match. I've been practicing ever since, and have been an A-Class shooter for the last 12 months.

20. BikerGoddess

Hey! you're hurting my feelings ;1 You should have at least had fun...

I do plan on doing much better next year, though. And not waiting until the end of the day to shoot, either ;f

Laura