close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DaisyCutter Jr. Ride Pics

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by DaisyCutter, May 22, 2006.

1. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

My 5yo boy, Tyler, recently learned to ride his big-boy bicycle without the training wheels. After such, I received constant reminders (from him) that I had promised to get him his own dirtbike. One of the local riders hooked us up with a PW80. (He loves the bike)

Tyler was a bit too big for the PW50/JR50 bikes, and the PW80 is a bit too big for him. Although it isn't the ideal size, what's available for sale on the market dictates what you have to choose from. In his case, it was the PW80.

Yesterday was his second day riding, and he's really doing well. He gets that poor PW80 screaming (in first gear, LOL) in the straight sections. He had several "races" with me yesterday. He strategy was to wait for me to slow down for him, then twist his bike wide open and pass me WOT. A couple times he missed a turn and blasted through some bushes. According to him, his bike is faster since it says "80" and mine only says "20"... bummer.

Here's some pics (undoctored):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, we're having trouble finding gloves that fit him (he's a bit smaller than size 5) and goggles that don't smash his eyes. We'll just have to keep looking. The chest protector came with the bike, and Tyler swims in it... but he really likes having gear like dad.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

And he's only 5-years-old? Wow! I think that I was still riding tricycle when I was five.

3. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

When you were 5yo, dirtbikes really weren't mainstream yet-- and the few that did exist had chrome fenders...

(LOL, I like ya FALMAN ;) )

4. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Daisy,

Where were the pics taken?

I don't suppose that's up near Lake Pleasant, is it?

Rick

5. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

This was at the "Desert Wells" recreation area. It's east of Apache Junction on the US60.

6. RickD

RickD Pro-Open Curry Millennium Member

Ah, I've been near there twice roaming on my Polaris Ranger.

I have a dirtbike in my future after I get out of school in a year. My daughter is just starting BMX (she really wants a dirtbike too).

:)

Rick

7. elgoatropo

elgoatropo

Way to go, man. I wish my dad had been into bikes when I was 5.

My boys are five and three. I am going to have to start bike shopping soon. What do you think of the cheapo Chinese pit bikes? Are they even worth a look?