Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
38,473 Posts
Washington Metropolitan Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier seems to think that gun-control laws don’t apply to the liberal elite. The police chief helped Sen. Dianne Feinstein acquire “assault weapons,” which are illegal to possess in the District, for a news conference early this year to promote a ban on these firearms, then tried to cover up the police involvement.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/9/miller-how-a-senator-got-her-guns-for-a-dc-show-an/
I'd say arrest the Chief and have her roll on Feinstein. Standard tactic.:whistling:

·
No Longer Fenced In
11,133 Posts

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
Politics aside....if that is DC PD property and a LEO presumably from the Crime Scene Investigation Division, provided the firearms and was on scene with them, then how is it illegal if they were used in a demonstration? For example, we do demonstrations all the time using real drugs in schools, LE academies, ect. It isn't illegal for us, for the cadets or school children due to the context.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Politics aside....if that is DC PD property and a LEO presumably from the Crime Scene Investigation Division was on scene with them, then how is it illegal if they were used in a demonstration? For example, we do demonstrations all the time using real drugs in schools, LE academies, ect. It isn't illegal for us, for the cadets or school children due to the context.
Thank you for a good clear thought process!!

·
Señor Member
1,866 Posts
Politics aside....if that is DC PD property and a LEO presumably from the Crime Scene Investigation Division, provided the firearms and was on scene with them, then how is it illegal if they were used in a demonstration? For example, we do demonstrations all the time using real drugs in schools, LE academies, ect. It isn't illegal for us, for the cadets or school children due to the context.
I agree that if the weapons being exhibited were already in the custody of the DC PD, having been lawfully seized, then it's probably not a problem. However, in the article is says:

Since Cmdr. Williams did not have all the firearms the senator sought, Mr. DeWitt asked Philadelphia police to provide the missing ones, which meant bringing “the P15 and the Glock extended magazine” to Washington.

I think it's supposed to be M&P 15 but anyway....... If this firearm and magazine were not already in the city, having been lawfully seized by DC PD, but were instead brought in for the sole purpose of exhibition, that seems like a violation of the law unless there is an exception.

Just a thought and I readily admit I'm not really familiar with DC laws...........

·
Registered
18,522 Posts
Maybe we can get Bloomberg and his private gestapo, I mean PI's, to investigate. I hear he is good at that. :whistling:

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
We also had Mayor ballonberg pay a privet detective here in AZ to make a few straw gun purchases, he is another one that doesn't think gun laws pertain to him.

·
Registered
33,488 Posts
I agree that if the weapons being exhibited were already in the custody of the DC PD, having been lawfully seized, then it's probably not a problem. However, in the article is says:

Since Cmdr. Williams did not have all the firearms the senator sought, Mr. DeWitt asked Philadelphia police to provide the missing ones, which meant bringing “the P15 and the Glock extended magazine” to Washington.

I think it's supposed to be M&P 15 but anyway....... If this firearm and magazine were not already in the city, having been lawfully seized by DC PD, but were instead brought in for the sole purpose of exhibition, that seems like a violation of the law unless there is an exception.

Just a thought and I readily admit I'm not really familiar with DC laws...........
Probably not illegal because they were in the possession of the DCPD.

It's getting to be like the DU around here. CopTalk used to be a haven from this.

·
Señor Member
1,866 Posts
Probably not illegal because they were in the possession of the DCPD.

It's getting to be like the DU around here. CopTalk used to be a haven from this.
I agree, probably not(I was just spit balling as they say) however it's not unheard of for there to be no exemption in the law for things like this but it goes unenforced because it is a law enforcement agency. I believe New York passed their magazine limit ban without exempting law enforcement initially and had to hastily correct it when called out on it. Once again, not an expert on DC law, just laying out an idea.

As for the DU comment, I got nothing. I'm not even sure what you are talking about..........:dunno:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
"The police stonewalling and cover-up are so that the public doesn’t find out that Chief Lanier enforces laws differently in the District, depending on whether you are a powerful liberal who opposes Second Amendment rights, like Mr. Gregory and Mrs. Feinstein, or an average American."

This is what really, really gets to me. Liberals selectively enforcing laws to conform to there own objectives. In my mind they are no better then a felon who testifies in court and tells one lie after another to get what he wants.

Forget the truth, that just gets in the way of these liberals game plan. To lie, cheat, steal or do anything else to get what they want. It makes me sick. They are just taking a big smoking dump on the Constitution of the United States.

And people look at me like I just stepped out of a space ship when I state "the only thing worse then a liberal politician is a child molester!!!

·
Registered
18,188 Posts

Still in the custody of the same officer.

·
Señor Member
1,866 Posts
Still in the custody of the same officer.
The importation(for lack of a better term) itself of a contraband item into the city for display purposes MAY be a violation of the law, even if the cops possess the contraband item the entire time.

That's all I'm saying and really I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility. As previously stated, there are, more than likely, exemptions/exceptions built into the law such as "importation for other lawful purposes by government entities" or something to that effect. Then again, there may not be.

I'm sure somebody back there will be following up on it.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The D.C. police are using their resources to provide illegal guns for a public relations stunt intended to pressure politicians to pass federal restrictions on the Second Amendment. The Children's Defense Fund, which is cosponsoring the event, said in a press release that blacksmiths will be using “illegal guns confiscated by the police.” The chairman of the Fraternal Order of Police for D.C., Kris Baumann, disagrees with the department participating in this event.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...p-get-firearms-national-cathed/#ixzz2iDJQpq6p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts