CZ P07 or Canik

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CBennett, Feb 5, 2017.

1. CBennett

CBennett

I may have a chance to get a CZP07 for "around" $425 my other choice is the Canik this will be a HD gun with a light mounted on it for HD/SD. I MAY try to hold out for a Steyr at $479(gotta see if they have LE pricing and how much less it may be) but right now those are what im looking at. Thoughts?? is one THAT much superior? Worse?

2. Slotback

Slotback Glock 35 Millennium Member

I have not handled a Canik, but I can say that I am a big fan of the CZ P-07. If you go the CZ route, I think that you will be pleased with your purchase. Either way I hope you are pleased with your new acquisition.

3. OBG17

OBG17

CZ for many reasons

4. grumpy1

grumpy1

I would go with the CZ P07 (Gen II) due to being a very proven pistol, warranty support, parts availability, and third party support like CGW upgrade parts and holsters assuming you can shoot either pistol well. Of course CZ P07 is hammer fired while the Canik might be SF, though you don't mention the model, if you have a preference for hammer fired or striker fired.

5. CBennett

CBennett

Im good with either..I guess the thing I didnt mention was the Canik would be NIB and the CZ would be used but in good shape with I THINK 3 magazines. I like both types and have used and owned both types(SA/DA hammer fired and striker fired). The main reason I wanted something like this was my CC the Ruger SR9c works fine and I like it...ruger got this one right ! for a CC weapon. I wanted one that I could use as a nightstand type gun that I could put a light on and either of those guns mentioned would work for this.

6. BBMW

BBMW

Which Canik, one of their CZ-75 Clones or the TP9 striker gun? I think the TP9 is a great value gun, if you want to spend $350-ish. But for an extra $75, I'd go with the CZ, especially if it's new and a gen 2 gun (you do know there's a first and second generation of P-07s, correct?).

7. CBennett

CBennett

Yes, the TP9 striker series. The CZ i believe IS a 2nd gen gun and is used but in good shape, only thing i noticed was the typical "scratches" on the barrel from use no dings or damage other than seeing its been fired.

8. BBMW

BBMW

I'd push for a better price on a used P-07. You can get them for $475 new. For $50 difference, I'd rather have a NIB gun.

You can tell first from second gen by the trigger. The second gen gen trigger is almost straight, while the first is very curved. The first will also say "Duty" on the front of the slide.

9. ARP

ARP

Is the one extra CZ mag a Mecgar or original? $425 I think is kinda high considering that a NIB from Buds CZ P-07 range in the $462-$508ish depending upon caliber and round capacity.

10. ARP

ARP

Or you could get the best of both worlds and get a CZ P-10 when they become available, should be under $500. Striker fired, polymer

45caldan likes this.
  11. BigDog99

BigDog99

The newer TP9SF is a great value / gun. I have one and have had zero issues with it. I also have a CZ 75 SP 01 Tactical (heavier gun) which has also proven to be a zero issue gun. The CZ is probably the better gun but the price difference may bridge that gap. Both are good choices.

moetallday34 likes this.
  12. CBennett

CBennett

I also had my eye on a gun on gunbroker but since it has time left on the deal I dont think it will end up as the bargain it is right now..so I didnt include that..well that and the fact the only time I actually used GB I got ripped off..

13. willieH

willieH

Sorry I will be no help with Canik. I can tell you my current HD pistol is the CZ P-09 (sharing the same action as the P-07). It has been utterly reliable and solid performing pistol. I did add a CGW trigger kit which makes a good trigger better.

I've been inconvenienced buying newly released guns that became problematic enough for the manufacturer to recall. The guns were eventually corrected or money refunded, but I was in limbo for the better part of a year.

If you want to buy a newly designed and released gun wait for the internet rendition crews to find it's faults; they seem to enjoy being the first to smack down a poor product.

[​IMG]

grecco likes this.
  14. TScottW99

TScottW99 Bird Catcher

I have a P07 G2 and really like it. Accurate, points naturally for me and has been easy to carry. I'd be sure that the P-07 was a 2nd gen though.

[​IMG]

March817 and grecco like this.
  15. bac1023

bac1023

I'd go with the CZ.

Z71bill and grecco like this.
  16. grecco

grecco

Picked up a cz p07 urban grey and added cgw internals.
    It is a very good gun.
    I would highly recommend.

17. mattallamerican

mattallamerican

18. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy

I would go with the CZ. I have poly Caniks but the CZ is a better gun.

19. Pier23

Pier23 Silver Member

I don't have the P07, I DO have two Caniks, a Shark and S120 (the Shark just a compact verzion of the S120) and two Steyrs M9 and M40). The Steyrs are sleeper hits in the polymer world. My all-metal Canik CZ clones have been a joy to shoot and trouble free.

You really have no bad choices here!

grecco likes this.
  20. redbrd

redbrd

Can't speak to the cabin but the cz is super soft shooting and really easy shoot accurately. A 3red magazine adds to the deal they run 35 bucks at a minimum.