Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I would like to sell my cz 75 p-01 decocker with a new stainless steel Tungsten guid rod and LOK grips, brand new gun never been shot. I don't know what it should be sold for. I'm new to owning guns so I don't know what the market price would be for this gun. I just bought the Glock 19 Gen 3 and am happy with that. Any ideas? Much appreciated.
pm me pics

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Thank you for posting. I've been very interested in both of these pistols for a long time. I know a lot about them, but I still haven't pulled the trigger on one literally (loaded) or figuratively.

Reactions: 5Sensify

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Not a fan of striker fired CZ’s

Not really a fan of polymer CZ’s either
Well, at least one of the pistols in the video is neither.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The P-07 and P-09 have absolutely garbage triggers when compared to others. Stock. Stock they are horrible. Anyone saying otherwise clearly is telling the world they have zero experience with other triggers.

Heavy DA pull. Reset is LONG. Undefined rolling break with zero idea when trigger drops.

He sent his P-07 off to be fixed. That tells you everything. No one is arguing MOST guns won't fire. If you have to send it off and sing it praise, you can't sing it praise stock.
I seldom believe it is a good idea to categorically disparage a trigger. There are plenty of triggers that get a lot of hate that I think are great triggers but other people find problematic.

At the end of the day, I don't care about a long heavy initial trigger pull. I can pull the near 10 lb. pull of my P229 for the first shot nearly as well as anything I own (and usually just as well). I also don't even care about creep, grit, staginess, necessarily having the shortest reset, or even how heavy subsequent trigger pulls are.

What I care about is that the front sight remains absolutely still when I depress the trigger and that the reset on the range allows me to fire accurately at speed (if the reset is too long I can struggle with that like most people).

There are plenty of people who can pull the CZ P-07 and P-09 very well right out of the box. By definition that is not a garbage trigger (not universally, anyway).

A poor performing trigger to me is one where the front sight vibrates when I pull the trigger, or the reset is so long that I can't shoot at speed.

Seldom do I come across a factory trigger I can't work reasonably well (aka, not garbage). I had two FN FNS pistols, for example, that were an exception. I could never master either one. I don't know why, but having dozens of carry pistols over the years, the FNS is the only one I remember I couldn't deal with even though most people find it a very good trigger.

Everyone's hands are different. I know from the FN experience that some triggers are not going to work for some of us, but that is no reason to call it garbage. The CZ P-07/09 may not work for you but it certainly works for others.

"Garbage" in my opinion is a trigger that no one can pull well (or at least the majority of shooters can't) and/or one that is unsafe.

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
I'd like to stumble on a CZ P06.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think either pistol (in the Omega configuration) would be a welcomed addition to a lot of people's collection who don't have or particularly want a 1911 or other pistol that can be carried SAO in a cocked and locked condition. I think that's a very cool aspect of the Omega version of either pistol which can be configured DA/SA or SAO for carry. From videos I've seen, even without a trigger job the SA is in the neighborhood of 3-1/2 lbs. I don't know of another DA/SA or striker-fired pistol that comes with a trigger that light (not in a carry gun).

Reactions: 45caldan

·
Registered
922 Posts
Had a P-01 and have handled the P-07. I like both, but the trigger definitely needs work in either case. I can deal with the weight no problem, it's the reset. Longer than a phone call with a lonely old Aunt.
Yep. Ignoring the CZ reset is misleading future buyers. It is worst on the market. But...go tell that to the HKPro forum that the P30 reset is junk too....eek.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Yep. Ignoring the CZ reset is misleading future buyers. It is worst on the market. But...go tell that to the HKPro forum that the P30 reset is junk too....eek.
The reset is something that can be fixed with CGW parts.
Ya it’d be nice if you didn’t need to purchase and install (or send off) for the parts to fix it but after doing so you will have one awesome gun for the money invested which is still under a grand.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
It’s not the worst reset or even as bad as you make it sound. You just wait for every opportunity to bash CZ for some reason I don’t understand. Your post are misleading for future buyers potentially causing them to miss out on a fantastic pistol. It’s still incredibly accurate and beyond reliable. If someone is a trigger snob they can get a Cajun kit for it. I have their kit on mine and it’s fantastic.

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
It’s not the worst reset or even as bad as you make it sound. You just wait for every opportunity to bash CZ for some reason I don’t understand. Your post are misleading for future buyers potentially causing them to miss out on a fantastic pistol. It’s still incredibly accurate and beyond reliable. If someone is a trigger snob they can get a Cajun kit for it. I have their kit on mine and it’s fantastic.
The CZ hate from that poster is almost a sign of mental illness. He'll bash CZ into the ground one day, and the next ask which high end CZ he should buy. It makes zero sense whatsoever. What he should do is just pretend that they don't exist.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts