CZ P-10F (Olive Green) vs Springfield XDM 4.5

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by WVSurveyor, Sep 6, 2019.

1. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor

Looking for a new range buddy. These two interest me. I own handguns from both companies and they are fine weapons but have no experience with their polymer/striker offerings. Anyone have trigger time with these two and an opinion you would care to offer?

2. Pluto57

Pluto57

Well, my entirely meaningless opinion is that I'd choose the one that isn't olive green. Other than that, I can't help.

3. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor

Thanks for your input Pluto57. I could go with the FDE color. Those are the two colors that come with factory night sights.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I have the XDM 4.5 for several years now. It shot OK. Nothing for me to complain about but nothing revelatory either. I bought it when the XDM first came out for quite reasonable prices and also picked up a bunch of mags.

I shot the original XD Compact .45ACP that a friend had, and came away quite impressed with its inherent accuracy and handling. So I waited until the XDM came out, figuring newer has got to be better. The XDM may be newer but I never did shoot it as well as I did with my buddy's XD Compact .45ACP.

Don't know nothing about the CZ P10 series. Not interested enough to even bother to play with one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. bac1023

bac1023

I much prefer the XDm between those two. Just a solid gun.

GlockWheeler likes this.
  6. ronin.45

ronin.45

The XD series has always been way too top heavy for me. The P10s feel better balanced in my hand. I've never had them side by side to compare triggers and such. Both feel OK, but would get work if I got them.

gh1138 likes this.
  7. MD357

MD357

Owned a XDM for a short amount of time and got rid of it, never wowed me. Gonna agree with the notion that the CZs are better balanced. I've yet to shoot a the F.... only the C and S.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
  8. ScotchWhisky

ScotchWhisky HEMIs, guns, and booze

I owned the XDm 4.5 in 9mm. Great gun, zero issues whatsoever. Accurate, good ergonomics, and eats any ammo you feed it. Just didn't fill a need for me at the time, so it got sold. Can't compare it to the P-10, no experience with that one. Not apples to apples, but I love my CZ P-09, I would take it over any of the XD series.

Cambo likes this.
  9. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

No experience with the CZ, but the XDm is a nice weapon. Just make sure you’re good with how the grip safety works with how you grip the pistol.

10. March817

March817

Both of your choices are 19+1,,, coincidence?

11. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor

Not a coincidence at all. It was most assuredly premeditated.

12. WVSurveyor

WVSurveyor

That is an interesting feature for a polymer gun. Don't anticipate it giving me a problem as I have no trouble shooting my 1911's.

AdamRodgers likes this.
  13. 45caldan

45caldan

Pretty sure the color of the grip frame has little to do with how they feel or shoot....

Cambo likes this.
  14. a1b2c3

a1b2c3

I EDC a XDM compact 9 and shoot it much better than my Glocks. I handled a CZ but haven’t shot one. Just buy the one with the best price or get both.

WVSurveyor likes this.
  15. gh1138

gh1138

I have an XD Mod 2 in 9mm. It's not the XDM, but a friend has an XDM in 9mm. I can say about both that they seem top heavy too me. People on the XD boards say that's a myth, but I thought this after handling them but before I ever read about the high bore axis. I bought the XD Mod 2 because it was already set up for suppressor use, but I've never even shot it suppressed as I also acquired a CZ75 SP01 also set up for suppressors. The CZ75 has become one of my favorite pistols.

I've only shot a P-10 a couple of times. While I didn't like it as much as hammer-fired CZ's, it's a fine pistol. I don't recall any balance issues like with the XDs.

Having said that, I think the XD/XDM is also a solid pistol. I, for one, like having the grip safety, and it seems well made. IIRC, it has a lifetime warranty, too.

WVSurveyor likes this.
  16. Peak Fudd

Peak Fudd Amateur geezer

I vote for the green one. More tactical, therefore more better.

fnfalman likes this.
  17. Gilbertc13

Gilbertc13

CZ P10F. Springfield as a company gave money to anti gun politicians. Won’t buy from them and if I do it’ll be on the secondary market. With that being said I have a high amount of disdain for grip safeties on guns that are not 1911’s. The grip safety is the failure point of these guns, and if the grip safety fails you best hope you’re aim is good cuz you’ll have to throw it at the bad guy or eat the snot out of him with it.

CZ guns are better made. The P10 line is essentially an over built Glock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gfive45 and Cambo like this.
  18. reniram

reniram

I'd vote for both if you can afford it. I haven't shot the CZ, but it seems like a real sweet gun. The XDM is a great shooter.

19. hardluk1

hardluk1

For what its worth I shoot both and made notes on each . I would buy a XDm over a glock but I have tried glocks and there not on my keeper list but not sure how much that says !! I like the P-10 c and f better but would want the optic ready model . Getting old and will be going with a dot optic model soon enough !! The texture is a bit aggressive on the XDm and there TALL pistol even in the 3.8 model so it would not carry well for me . Best thing you can do is shoot both if you can , make up your own mind , both could serve you well just remember the 5.75 height of the XDm .

Oh the grip safety , not a big deal as I'm an old 1911 guy too .

WVSurveyor likes this.
  20. michael_b

michael_b Elementary, my dear Watson.

CZ P-10F

Not even close.