CZ-82 as CCW

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by deepiper19, Aug 22, 2015.

1. deepiper19

deepiper19

Mas hello from Texas. I was wondering what your opinion was on this pistol as a CCW? I picked one up at a lgs used about 2 years ago. I shot it some at first, but after buying a Glock 19 and a Ruger SR9C the CZ got put away until a few days ago. My wife gave me a gen3 Glock 26 last Christmas that I love. I recently put new XS Big Dot sights on it so I took it to the range to try them out. I saw the CZ82 and decided to take it with me just for grins. Got to the range, shot my 26, love it with the new sights. Then took the CZ82 out and shot it. It was a lot better than I remember! Shot the steel targets and range them pretty good with it. The ammo I had to shoot was some Monarch 9x19 Makarov ball ammo that I picked up from Academy during the ammo shortage a couple years ago. The manager of the store gave me a pretty good deal on it back then since no one needed it and it was just sitting on the shelves. Just wondered if you had much experience with this gun and what your thoughts were on it.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

I have my reservations about the 9X18 cartridge, but the CZ 82 is a fine, well-made pistol.
    best,
    Mas