Glock Talk banner

CZ 75 and clones experts

1372 44
As I sit here with a CZ 75 SP-01, I have to admit it. I like it. I like it enough that I could become a CZ and CZ clone man.

What I am looking for is a spreadsheet which talks about the different guns and clones, weight, pricing, triggers, decockers vs. cocked locked, parts compatibility, if any of them have the ability like the Glock to swap barrel cartridge conversion (G23 better then G19 because with a barrel swap, I am multi-cartridge gun), and the non-9mm guns.

I should mention that the OTHER cartridges is one of the most important parts of my decision. I like 9mm, but I want the same gun in 10mm and 45ACP/Super.

I have a 22LR conversion for my SP-01. It is better than the AA conversions I have for my Glocks. Will it only un on CZ guns or....

Is there a great after market for parts and if so, what vendor is "the vendor" to start looking?

Is there a CZ forum which has everything I need to know and good people? (I see several, but figure there is a great one and then the others.)

And I am slowly working my way through the videos on youtube.

My G20 gets shot the most, but I would be at a loss if I could also have a smaller G19/23 size.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Good luck. I know of no such database, and even CZ's website makes it hard or impossible to tell all the little differences between each model. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give some info. I have also looked for it, and came up empty.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good luck. I know of no such database, and even CZ's website makes it hard or impossible to tell all the little differences between each model. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give some info. I have also looked for it, and came up empty.
I think I could figure out the CZs, it is the clones that will be hard to collect data on. I don't even know what they are to google up the data. I have a polymer CZ clone from Israel. It is a CZ from a mags perspective, but ...you know it doesn't feel like a CZ...that is hard to quantify and it doesn't look like any parts are compatible except the mag.

·
Registered
8,820 Posts
Try the original CZ forum. They have a clone club sub-forum.
For modifications, custom work and custom guns, there is Cajun Gun Works and CZ Custom.

·
Man, I'm Pretty
32,521 Posts
I don’t know much about CZ’s but what I do know is that a CZ P-01 that has been blessed by CGW is a hell of a CCW.

Plant Wood Trigger Air gun Hunting knife

·
Registered
28,025 Posts
CZ handguns are usually a good value -

Not sure I would want a clone - unless it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ less and even then IMHO buying a gun because it is just like the gun you really want to save a couple hundred $$ is usually a mistake.

I would rather have two real CZ pistols than 3 clones. YMMV

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Not sure I would want a clone - unless it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ less and even then IMHO buying a gun because it is just like the gun you really want to save a couple hundred $$ is usually a mistake.

When I bought my gun it was ~$800, now they are running $1400+.
A Turkish clone goes for $400 and is getting very good reviews.
Now, they are not the same gun, but for $1K, I could be inclined to buy a clone and if the parts are out there make the clone MINE, with my updates and configuration.

There are also Italian clones that are suppose to be very good to great.
There are also Swiss Clones that are suppose to be BETTER than CZ.
Israel made a clone for their police/army, the Jerrico, another reputable build.

Unlike many guns where the original is the best and everything else SUCKS, the CZ75 has been cloned enough that everyone has it's own little twist to it. Heck, I don't know if I like the decocker or want a cocked-lock. I have one of each and they are both nice to have... Is it like the Sig where I can buy one and change the parts to the other?

Reactions: pgg00 and Yard Sale

·
Registered
28,025 Posts
When I bought my gun it was ~$800, now they are running $1400+.
A Turkish clone goes for $400 and is getting very good reviews.
Now, they are not the same gun, but for $1K, I could be inclined to buy a clone and if the parts are out there make the clone MINE, with my updates and configuration.

There are also Italian clones that are suppose to be very good to great.
There are also Swiss Clones that are suppose to be BETTER than CZ.
Israel made a clone for their police/army, the Jerrico, another reputable build.

Unlike many guns where the original is the best and everything else SUCKS, the CZ75 has been cloned enough that everyone has it's own little twist to it. Heck, I don't know if I like the decocker or want a cocked-lock. I have one of each and they are both nice to have... Is it like the Sig where I can buy one and change the parts to the other?
Well $400 is way less that $1,400 - so it would meet my way less threshold -

Which CZ model is this? Do you have a link?

Is the quality of the $400 gun even close to the CZ?

I don't like the decocker - both my CZs are the models with a safety.

When I was looking for a CZ97b I considered a Jerrico - but eventually found the CZ I wanted.

·
Super Moderator
7,697 Posts
I would rather have two real CZ pistols than 3 clones.
So many copies, some better some equal some worse. Really hard to stick to that assertion.

I'll give you any 2 of my CZs for any 3 of your Phoenix Redbacks.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Which CZ model is this? Do you have a link?

Is the quality of the $400 gun even close to the CZ?

I don't like the decocker - both my CZs are the models with a safety.
Mine is a CZ 75 SP-01 setup for suppressor.
The Turkish clone is Tristar T-120. People say it is good, but I have never seen one in person.

My Israeli is a BUL Cherokee. If memory serves me correctly, it was cost effective. There is nothing wrong with it. In fact I liked it enough to get the CZ SP-01, but now that I have the SP-01.... Night and day, Apples vs. Oranges. It is not a CZ 75 in look or feel.

BUL Cherokee is cock-locked safety. SP-01 is decocker.
I am inclined to do decocker. DA first trigger pull is something I can work with.

·
Mr. CISSP, CISA
24,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is making my head explode and doesn't even begin to answer my questions.

Reactions: MarkCO

·
MacGyver
10,382 Posts
I like my SAR, Tristar and Caniks.

Complicated gun. Lot's of internal parts, springs and levers that have to work just right - right length, right catch, right orientation. Surprisingly rough on the inside. Good luck on matching clone parts - yes, most fit, but when they don't, they don't. :D Not a Lego gun.

There is a reason modern military wants "modular".

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a CZ 75B.
It bit my trigger finger each shot.
It went away quickly in favor of a large frame EAA Tanfoglio Match, CZ 75 single action clone.
Mine is in 9mm and I have a .22 conversion for it.
It shoots very well but the caliber conversions now cost more than I paid for the pistol.

·
Registered
130,639 Posts

That’s like saying you’ll take two new Colt 1911’s over three Nighthawks or something similar.

You know there are guns that use the CZ design that are a heck of a lot nicer than CZ, right?

Let alone all the MIM, CZ doesn’t even use a forged frame.

·
Registered
28,025 Posts
So many copies, some better some equal some worse. Really hard to stick to that assertion.

I'll give you any 2 of my CZs for any 3 of your Phoenix Redbacks.
That’s like saying you’ll take two new Colt 1911’s over three Nighthawks or something similar.

You know there are guns that use the CZ design that are a heck of a lot nicer than CZ, right?

Let alone all the MIM, CZ doesn’t even use a forged frame.
Although I didn't write it -

I was referring to the CZ clones you get dirt cheap from Turkey - so that you can either buy 2 CZ originals or 3 cheap knock offs for about the same $$

Yes sure I would take three $3-$5K guns over 2 CZs -

But come on did you really think that is what I was trying to say?

The hint would be this part of my post.

buying a gun because it is just like the gun you really want to save a couple hundred $$ is usually a mistake.

Are the guns you referred to a couple hundred less than a CZ?

• Wow
Reactions: MarkCO
1 - 20 of 45 Posts