Glock Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, does anyone know the size the rear sight dovetail on the 527 Carbine.

I'm looking to replace the fixed rear sight with a marbles long folding leaf sight. I'm trying to work out a way to QD mount a normal size scope and that fixed rear sight is in the way.

Thanks,

·
Banned
826 Posts
Seems to me I've heard 11mm. Should be easily found on CZ Website.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, taller rings only create another issue.

This rifle is intended for use with iron sights and the stock is designed with a cheek weld that positions the shooters eye at the right height behind the sights. For this reason the scope needs to be mounted as low as possible.

I'm searching the web for ideas and I found this 16mm/weaver adapter rail.

It would allow me to use QD rings that I already have but I wonder if the rail would block the iron sights. Does anyone have this type of adapter, can you still see the iron sights with it installed?

Thanks,

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
You may already be aware of this but don't forget to check clearance between the scope and your bolt handle. I was surprised when Warne recommended higher rings but I needed the clearance.

I have Warne hand detachable rings on mine and love them. I sighted in with the iron sights, then the scope and removed and replaced the scope twice with no zero change.

If you want a larger scope I assume your issue with with spacing?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You may already be aware of this but don't forget to check clearance between the scope and your bolt handle. I was surprised when Warne recommended higher rings but I needed the clearance.

I have Warne hand detachable rings on mine and love them. I sighted in with the iron sights, then the scope and removed and replaced the scope twice with no zero change.

If you want a larger scope I assume your issue with with spacing?
That's exactly what I want, a quick detach scope without compromising the great handling of the of the rifle with iron sights. I know I'll need to modify the bolt to clear the eyepiece which I'm prepared to do.

The scope is a Mark AR 3-9x40 (mildot, P5 dial) and the rear sight is the problem I need to solve! I'm trying to work out a way to move the high part of the rear sight so it's positioned under the 1" tube by using something like this,

Or possibly make a custom rear peep that attaches to the rear face of the receiver just behind the rear scope ring. Sort of like the African Mauser on Skinner's home-page but mounted on the rear vertical face instead of on top like in Skinners photo. http://www.skinnersights.com/

I love the the rifle and it's well worth it to work the best way to have the option to use this type of scope.

·
Registered
15,408 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.