Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

I've been doing more an more cycling with the kids to stay in shape.

I sucked it up and, after 25 years, got a totally kick a** new gravel bike (Trek SL6 - freaking AWESOME!).

We've been doing longer and longer rides more out in the styx. The gun that I carry most is my S&W SC340PD (also AWESOME!). I'm trying to figure out the best way to carry now that it's warming up and a shoulder rig under my jacket won't work in the heat (no jacket). I thought that I'd run it by the forum. Thanks for any info!

·
Registered
15,953 Posts
Same as I carry when not cycling. OWB 4 oclockish

Cargo shorts, and a cover shirt, usually a button up.

I rode to the Indoor shooting range today that way with the gun I was going to shoot concealed OWB. Bought some 9mm and range time, 25 bucks or something like that.

·
Registered
14,363 Posts
It’s past my riding days but I used to do it 1 of two ways depending on the type of cycling shorts I was wearing.
If wearing the classic road bike shorts, I would use a belly band. Or
If wearing mountain bike shorts that looked like “hiking shorts” it would be pocket carry.
I always thought the belly band was better / more effective.
I was careful to use a weapon that would tolerate the sweat and then totally clean it afterwards.
That 340PD is the 12 OZ 5 shot scandium right? My hand still hurts from launching a few 357 out of mine in 2006.
Good luck.

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
I probably need to surrender my man-card, but I carry in a thin, neoprene fanny-pack designed to carry a MP3 player.

·
Registered
15,071 Posts
P32 and a Kabar TDI clipped in the waist of my shorts.

Anything more interferes with pedaling and causes bruising and chafing.

·
Banned
157 Posts
For carrying when you're actually on the bike, I would recommend putting in a "bento box" type bike bag, the kind that mounts up on the top tube. That keeps it from jostling around on your person while you ride, keeps the sweat off of it, and, mostly importantly, keeps it right there in front of you where you can reach down and grab in a hurry, should the need arise.

Whenever I jump off of my bike, not the one pictured, but a Trek Madone 5.5, like when I stop at a convenience store for some liquid refreshment, I just pop the velcro straps loose, and carry it in with me. It holds my wallet and keys, too.

bike bag.jpg
S&W340PD.jpg

·
Registered
27,090 Posts
I used to use the great Bushwacker holster which would keep my Glock safely tucked under my arm. Unfortunately, I lost too much weight and it's now too big for me.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I sweat a lot on the bike. G43 in a heavy duty reusable plastic bag.
1590026048367153679207.jpg

P.s. I carry this about 300-450 miles a week like this, you get used to it. It's definitely not the fastest way to carry it but for a roadie it's the only way you are going to keep your gun dry.

·
NRA Life Member
5,389 Posts
I'm a "Bent Rider" on a Seiran SL or Volae Expedition recumbent bicycle so I'm laid back while I'm riding. Yah, the guy asleep at the stoplight snoring away... got to get the beauty sleep in... :)

So I go with Appendix carry using either the G27 in the Uncle Mike's #12, or the 640Pro with the DeSantis clip grip.

Reload options go in the back left shirt pocket typically.

If you have a cervical or lumbar issue, Recumbent is the bike for you!!!

Check out http://bentrideronline.com/ for more information!

The Bikes:
SeiranSLD.JPG VolaeExpedition.JPG

FUN FACT: Both of my heart attacks happened on the Black Bike... the Orange bike came after that... no heart attacks on that bike!!! Still ride the black one most... :cheers:

:waving:

1 - 20 of 78 Posts