CyclePump vs. Slime Compressor vs. your favorite?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by ddc, Mar 28, 2007.

1. ddc

ddc

I'm thinking about picking up one of the "Slime" branded air compressors; priced around $30 depending upon where you shop I suppose...

It had a decent review in in the US MCN.

The CyclePump seems a little expensive and perhaps bulkier than the Slime model but it's hard to tell from the pictures.

Is there enough room under the passenger seat; i.e. tool compartment, of an F4i to fit either of those?

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I just picked up the Slime compressor kit too. That and with a bit of that Slime goo will give me piece of mind for those long travels.

Yes, yes, I know, the plug is better but when you ride a bike that doesn't have a center stand to help spin the tire about trying to find the leak, the plug doesn't work as well.

3. Dandapani

Dandapani

I bought the cheapo Wal-Mart branded 12 volt auto compressor and removed the huge plastic housing leaving only the small compressor. I cut off the cigarette lighter end and put on alligator clip. I wrapped it up with some plugs and a plug tool in bubble wrap and the entire package fits in the tail of my V-Strom.