close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cycle World 2006 IMS at Long Beach

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Dec 9, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I'm going to the International Motorcycle Show this afternoon. Supposedly Piaggio is going to have a surprise out there for test ride. The Ducati 1098 is also going to be featured there as well as the MV Agusta F4CC.

I should be back later on tonight with lots of pictures of babes and bikes and hopefully good test ride reports.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Well, this year was rather disappointing. First of all, the hot chicks from BMW, Aprilia and Ducati of last year were not available.

What? They think we actually go to the show for the motorcycles?:animlol:

KTM wasn't at the show as Husaberg was not at the show. Ducati put up a nice shindig with the 1098, the Desmosedici and the Hypermotard. BMW featured the new offroad G-series, Cagiva has the new 500 Mito based on the Husquarna single thumper engine, the various new releases of the Japanese bikes. I was hoping to see the new and significantly revised Harley Sportster but didn't see that either.

The prototype V-Max was there and it looks nasty in a good way.

Piaggio has the weird MP3 reverse-trike moped. I tried to get a ride but the damn things were booked right away. I guess everybody wanted a taste of that strange animal.

There was a beautiful Vincent Black Shadow that I took some photos of but unfortunately didn't come out. Lots of classic dirt bikes - Harley, Butalco, CZ, Montessa, Honda, Triumph, etc.

3. William

William Mostly Lurking Millennium Member

Hey fnfalman,

Sorry, didn't get a chance to meet you at the show this year.. I managed to grab a press pass and got in on Friday.. You can barely see me on the left kneeling when the tri-color 1098 was revealed.

[​IMG]

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I saw the Tricolore and walked away. Wasn't too particularly impressed with the paint job. When it comes to a Duck, it should automatically be red.

5. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Does Italy still make bikes?
    [​IMG]
    Only kidding!!! I'd give my left nut for the new Duc. HH