Cyber war? Or just a lot of random hackers?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RonS, Feb 5, 2017.

1. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

In the space of 5 minutes this morning Malwarebytes stopped a malicious website redirect while I was browsing a local new affiliate website and then when I went to a major woodworking magazine website one of the articles has been hacked and the text changed to a pro ISIS pile of steaming poop. Gotta wonder, how the heck many people there are out there messing with the internet and where it is going to all end up.

That is actually the first time I have ever seen a website hack. Pretty unimpressive actually. They just replaced the text, but left the original image.

2. vart

vart

Yesterday my internet was down. Called the tech line and got a busy signal. Called the local retail store and he said their entire network was down. Frontier Communications. Was back up within a couple of hours.

I go back to work tomorrow so I will know more; I work in the Information Security department for a smaller corporation but our guys are very good at monitoring stuff like this.

3. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

A week ago Friday I went to my local credit union and they had piles of paper transaction records where they were doing all the transactions sans network. That had to be a PITA when it came back up, wonder how many keypunch errors there were?