close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

cwshredder and "screenforit" hijacker

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by mcole, Sep 7, 2004.

1. mcole

mcole

all updated every day. we run adaware se, spybot s&d, spyware blaster and norton anti-virus. in the last week we've been "bombed" about every three days with a lot of virus ladden e-mail. while norton seems to have caught all of it, somehow we have ended up with a hijhacker, "screenforit", that spybot s&d finds, and supposedly eliminates. nevertheless, in a little while, it will be back on all the computers. dumped some of the temp files and thought we got it; had our computer pro's come in and run hijack this; they believed they eliminated it. nevertheless, "screenforit" is back. where is that damn thing hiding to reinstall itself?
    i've heard of the cwschredder program. any conflict with anything we run; can a ordinary mortal run it? any reason not to download and run? will it get this hijacker?
    all computers are p-4 processors with either 256k or 512k ram; either run 2000 pro or xp pro.
    thanks for any help or insight.
    mcole

2. Anon1

Anon1

I would *disable* the System Restore feature, restart into Safe mode, then re-run Spybot S&D, AdAware, etc.

Also, make sure that you have the very latest version of the Spybot S&D program itself.

You should add the cwshredder application into your toolbox.

3. mcole

mcole

thanks for the response, i did a google search for "searchforit hijacker" and discovered this is a know result from the last spybot s&d update. they know about will correct it in their next update. it is a false find because of a confict between spybot and spyblaster.
    mcole