Here in Virginia, October 31 is the first day of muzzleloader season. I've always wanted to get in on the early deer action, so I bought an old CVA muzzleloader from a coworker for $50. Today I figured I'd go and fire it, just to make sure it was in working order and scoped in correctly. I'm glad I did, because I now know that I have the most poorly designed muzzleloader on the planet. The first thing I noticed was that the ramrod was about 3 inches too short. I threw the thing away and picked up a wooden dowel. It was nearly impossible to fit the percussion cap in place because the scope was blocking the breech. Once I got it on, half the time I couldn't make the cap ignite. Once I finally got the cap to fire, the black powder wouldn't ignite. I finally decided to just forget firing the gun and clean it only to realize that the only way to clean the thing is to remove the scope. I picked up a new scope mount to solve the problem, but can't sight it in today. Guess I'll start the season off with iron sights.