CV 500 finaly died

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by shotgunred, Apr 2, 2012.

1. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

After 2 decades of service my Dillon CV 5oo quit working today.
    The motor is still working but it quit vibrating. I am going to take it apart and see if it can be fixed. But after 20+ years who could complain.

2. PCJim

PCJim Senior Member

Its a Dillon - probably just needs to retighten a bolt. Use some blue Loctight and it'll be good for another 20 years.

3. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

My Midway 1292 tumbler from the late 1990s is still buzzing away. I've had to "adjust" the wiring on it a couple times. It seems the tumbler is higher quality than the power cord.

4. GioaJack

GioaJack Conifer Jack

Have two Thumlers rotating drum type tumblers. One is about 45 years old and the other is almost 30 years old. Both still running fine.

Jack

5. shotgunred

shotgunred local trouble maker

Got to love those Dillon guys. I took the CV500 apart and found the problem. The set screw in the counter weight had come out and the counter weight fell off. I wondered if Dillon would know what size set screw I needed and called them. Just for fun when I called I told the costumer service guy I had bought it 20 years ago and wanted to warranty it. His reply was when I bought it the CV 500 had a life time warranty and they would fix it for me. :).
    Thanks Dillon but I would rather go to the hardware store and buy the set screw and have it back running today.