close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cutting sugar out of my life..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by mr00jimbo, Nov 29, 2012.

1. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

Not entirely. I mean, I still drink orange juice and its in random places. But no more sugar in my coffee, no more chocolate bars, no more sweets, no more pop/soda.

Damn is it hard not to relapse!

But with that and exercise I'm losing weight already.
    Still I wish I could take a big bite out of a chocolate cookie!!!!

Ugh

2. JMS

JMS 02

OJ has as much sugar as soda.

3. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

good luck! i cut it out a while back. (okay...the occasional coca cola...a guys gotta live) a couple weeks, you really won't miss it.

4. Atlas

Atlas transmogrifier

As a kid I was seriously addicted to sugar.
    At age 25 I learned what a caloric waste sugar is and how harmful to human health.

I kicked that habit 30 years ago and have never looked back, .

5. ozark-tracker

ozark-tracker

I had a light heart attack in Sept, got a stent put in and now am up to walking 2 to 3 miles a day now, doc told me no Salt and lose a little weight , the 7th of dec will be 3 months, I've lost 45 pounds, been on a low fat, Turkey and chicken meat baked and no to low sugar, no bread, no potato's, except sweeet potato's, water to drink most of the time, ice tea once or twice a week,
    you'll get used to low sugar in a few weeks and try some of the foods cooked no sugar they are a lot better than what you'd think, and the sugarless hard candy is good too, if your get anything homemade, pies cakes or such, cut the sugar down by half you can't hardly tell the difference, or use sugar substitute,
    if you want to lose some weight, you can sure do it if you cut out some of the bad stuff and keep a watch of the portions you eat.

6. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

Last summer, I cut out beer and soda. I lost 20lbs without doing anything. Sadly, I relapsed. I'm doing it again. This time, with exercise! :faint:

It's hard, but it will be worth it.

Good luck to you, friend. :cool:

7. HexHead

HexHead

I've been on a low sugar diet since 2008. I'm about ready to eat my revolver.

8. nursetim

nursetim

Don't use sugar substitute. Go real or go home. Our bodies were never meant to process HFCS much less sugar substitute. Do your due diligence before you stuff your gob. At 46, I'm finally paying attention to what goes in my gob. It gets easier as you go. :thumbsup:

9. mr00jimbo

mr00jimbo

Thank you all for your support. I got too fat, especially around my belly. And I started to feel lightheaded. So I checked my blood pressure and it kept rising and rising! I felt like I was gonna pass out so I went to the hospital fearing something bad. My blood work came back normal. But it was the first time I had high bp in my LIFE as any time it's checked it's optimal.

I went home, said cut out the sugar, exercise, drop the damn fat, have a super strong heart.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Your body doesn't process sucres lose/splenda

11. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

It may be worth tracking fructose (corn syrup/sugar) intake versus glucose (CANE sugar) intake. There are decent indications that corn sugar is much rougher on the metabolism than cane sugar. Such a difference might make behavior easier to do.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  12. CitizenOfDreams

CitizenOfDreams

No big deal, how many calories can be in a revolver?

13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

I did the same thing. There are plenty of sugar free alternatives out there in various products. Also, there is a natural sweetner to explore: stevia. It may seem bleak, but there are plenty of alternatives out there. After a year or two, you won't really care about it anymmore.

14. Armchair Commando

Armchair Commando Long Range Guru

Drinking orange juice is almost the same as drinking pop. Unless your squeezing it yourself and not drinking store bought crap.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

15. Harper

Harper

Yes, your body is definitely made to process HFCS and any other sugar consisting solely of fructose and glucose.

It really doesn't matter a whole lot what type of carbs they are. Fructose is more likely to convert to adipose tissue and by eating "sweets" you don't get the vitamins and fiber you probably would otherwise. It wouldn't make much difference in body composition if half your carbs came from candy bars. Practically speaking though, "sweets" don't fill you up and most people over eat and don't count their calories.

16. Bow Commander

Bow Commander

Sugar is overrated.

Salt on the other hand... :eat:

17. Glock19Cowner

Glock19Cowner

First congrats on the decision to better health. It does get easier after a couple of week and you'll feel great. I cut all the good stuff in life out fried foods, candy, and pretty much anything else that has sugar and anything that is excessively processed foods three months ago and at first it was tough, but now wake up feeling great and went from 225 to 190 got 10 more to go and I'll be where I was after BCT. No plans of stopping anytime soon.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. Harper

Harper

HFCS has nearly the same fructose to glucose ratio as cane sugar. It's hard to believe there's any metabolic differences considering the macros are chemically the same thing. Do you have a link?

19. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

I put sugar on my sugar.

And wash it down with sweet tea.

20. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Not offhand; I still am a "paper" kind of guy.

Compare the entries for glucose and fructose on google. There are noticable differences in their structures; whether those differences have clearly demonstrable metabolic consequences is still up for grabs.

One item that muddies the glucose/fructose picture: many brands of "table sugar" are actually fructose/glucose mixes. Many people think all granulated sugar is straight glucose.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012