GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a G48 with black slide and Ameriglo sights. Love the grip and overall size, but trigger is stiff and the trigger safety feels sharp and hurts my finger to a point I had to put bandage on my trigger finger. Is there a trigger kit with wider safety that feels "softer"? Apex or any other? This is going to be my range and carry gun. Thank you GlockTalk gurus in advance.

·
thewoods868
1,532 Posts
Buy a gun you like and not one because everyone else has it. If you have tender fingertips the 365 or 365xl might be a better fit.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Take some 800 grit sandpaper and gently massage the trigger safety. Don't go too far, but you can get the mold line out of it and round it off smooth.

As for the stiff trigger, put a couple hundred rounds through it and it will smooth out.

·
Registered
9,013 Posts
I find it's not the trigger safety that bothers me, but the serrations. I change out to a smooth face flat trigger.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I find it's not the trigger safety that bothers me, but the serrations. I change out to a smooth face flat trigger.
I’ve done the same with my 48s. A .25 trigger job and a smooth shoe makes a world of difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I replaced the serrated trigger shoe with a smooth trigger shoe from a 17 trigger shoe/trigger bar assembly, did a $0.25 trigger job and change out the striker spring with a LWD mid weight spring.

trigger has a little creep typical of Glocks but breaks fairly clean at around 5 lbs., first range trip I ran it hard, over 200 rounds in less than an hour, ran like a swiss watch with no "Glock trigger finger" issues.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oXnQP85v64&feature=emb_logo

https://www.glockstore.com/Glock-Trigger-w-Bar
https://www.lonewolfdist.com/PRODUCT/914444/lwd-63-4/

Reactions: OXMYX

·
thewoods868
1,532 Posts
That is not helping as I already have G48 and shoot and carry it. Yes, everyone has one, but that Glock is mine.
That’s fine and dandy. Change it to what you like and we’ll be expecting your next question about reliability issues. Almost all problems with Glock are from something non oem. If this gun is to protect you and your family a little blister on the finger is going to hurt a lot less then whoever is on the other side. But at least it functioned.

·
Registered
330 Posts
LITTLE SANDING TO FINE A RIDGE OK; to me, modifying an EDC firearm is not the better endo f discernment. IMHO

·
Registered
429 Posts
That is not helping as I already have G48 and shoot and carry it. Yes, everyone has one, but that Glock is mine.
“Get a 365...” that didn’t take long.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You have every right to modify YOUR G48. Overwatch Polydat trigger has already been suggested. I suggest you do it. Great improvement on my G48. The trigger is flat, on a polished, original, G48 trigger bar. A tremendous improvement over the original grooved trigger. This mod is just as safe as the original trigger.

·
Registered
7,889 Posts
I Johnny Glock all of my Glocks myself

No wall and 4-5 pd trigger pull smooth as glass

Glocks do NOT need aftermarket parts

·
Registered
82 Posts
could not agree more with the below. I did the sanding/shaping on my 43X trigger but the trigger shoe is just to thin for my taste. The Overwatch Polydat is what I have now and could not be happier.

You have every right to modify YOUR G48. Overwatch Polydat trigger has already been suggested. I suggest you do it. Great improvement on my G48. The trigger is flat, on a polished, original, G48 trigger bar. A tremendous improvement over the original grooved trigger. This mod is just as safe as the original trigger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts