close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

CustomizedCreationz -1 and some

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by Ro11eR, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Ro11eR

Ro11eR

I have done quite a bit of research on these forums regarding CustomizedCreationz. I found most people recommended him after their great experiences with him. I decided I'd seen enough and this was the place I'd send my money and work to be done. The following is my dealings with him as unbiased as I can...not easy.

I had seen several people who had polished their slides and thought it looked slick. I started to look around to see who offered such services and noticed CustomizedCreationz was always quick to chime in here on the forums. I sent my slide, request form and a check to him on October 26th, 2009. I still have yet to receive it in return. I have written multiple emails and usually get a somewhat timely response. I emailed him around the expected turnaround time frame asking for a ballpark finish time. He responded saying I caught him in the middle of moving his shop and the turnaround might take a couple more weeks. At this point I'm thinking no problem. No hurries, no worries right? A couple weeks pass and no word of my slide. It's now mid December and I send him another email requesting an ETA to which he responds that my slide is in the works and should be complete in the next couple days. After another couple weeks with no word I email him again. It had been 9 weeks since he received my slide and I'm now a little more stern in my email. Please return my slide as soon as possible! At that point it was now after New Years and 2 and a half months with my slide. How long can this take!? Just polish the slide flats and send it back...So finally he responds to my email saying he'll have my tracking number for me shortly. Again, another couple weeks pass with no tracking number or package received. I call and leave messages at this point to which I get nothing in return. Back to emailing. I send an email saying it has been more than 3 months. Where is my slide? He writes back saying it went out on January 2nd. Here's the tracking number. If it went out on the 2nd I'd have it by now so I search the tracking number. The result of the tracking gets me this "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 2, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item." And this is where I am now. No slide, out a hundred bucks and dying to pop off some rounds at the range with my customized 34 with BoMar Sights.

That's all I got right now and this is where I stand. I told him I wanted to go on these forums and brag about the great service and quality work but I can't do that now. I also told him I wouldn't come on here and bash him either. I don't feel I have bashed him or his business at all though. These are the facts and this is my account with CustomizedCreationz.

2. armorplated

armorplated

Well, he's sure posting up a storm over on Sigforum in the classifieds. I'd post the link but you have to be registered over there to view the classifieds.

His last post was yesterday at 6:13 PM.

He says he's got a secretary? Maybe now you can just call.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

This is fact,................if he spent more time WORKING instead of posting,
    He may be able to meet his commitments. He does good work, but the
    customer service department is lacking. He is unable to keep his deadlines,
    and id just driving another nail in his coffin every time he misses one.

I've researched him a great deal, I will be sending my business elsewhere.

Ro11eR,....I wish you luck!

4. Ro11eR

Ro11eR

Good looking out armorplated, I appreciate the heads-up. I have looked in on that particular forum from time to time. That was one of the original places I looked for background info on him.

bndr I appreciate the nod for luck, I need it!

I wonder what steps I can take from here. Unfortunately he has never initiated contact with me. So who knows when I'll hear from him next? If my slide is lost for good, what steps should I expect him to take to make the situation right? I don't have a clue what steps to take or what to expect next so any suggestions from anyone would be appreciated!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. armorplated

armorplated

If you're a member of Sigforum, email Arc or Para and explain the situation. Ask if they would help you to contact the guy.

6. armorplated

armorplated

How's this working out for the OP? I ask because the customcreation guy has plenty of time to keep posting over on Sigforum. His last post was this morning.

7. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Been posting on BerettaForum as well.
    If he would do the WORK he has, instead of trying to drum up more
    business, he may do a bit better. He's a FAIL in my book.

8. Ro11eR

Ro11eR

So, I finally got my slide back from CustomizedCreationz 2 days shy of the 14 week mark(3 and a half months). He did a great job and it looks great...HOWEVER, he did the wrong work to it! I requested, and thought I made it clear through email, order form and even a picture, that I only wanted the slide flats polished and to leave the top and serrations the original flat black finish. Instead I got it back fully polished. I emailed him and told him the situation which he stated he'd rectify but I'm hesitant at the moment. I'd have to ship it at my expense where he says he'll do the work as soon as he gets it and return it to me as soon as the work is complete. What do you think? Would you send it back and get what you paid for or cut your losses?

9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

I'd request a refund of at least half the price you paid.
    If I were you,...there is no way I would send him anything again.
    I wouldn't trust him with a lawnmower part.

I hate to say it but thanks for sharing this info,
    you saved me from making a very bis mistake.
    RoBar here I come!

10. 69 Mach One

69 Mach One

I totally agree! Thanks for shareing your negative experience, wonder how many others have had the same but just didn't get the word out?

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

There are complaints just like the OP's all over the WEB.

12. Ajon412

Ajon412

Ro11eR.....Any luck with Todd from CCR making good on the promise to correct the mistake? I see he's posting again....

13. G-2

G-2

Ro11eR - Thanks for posting your experience. We'd contacted this guy for some work and the first 3 emails we sent to him, were auto replied to (all the while he's posting on Sigforums like crazy, so we already had suspicion-now confirmed). Thanks again Ro11eR for sharing your experience!

We have to agree with faawrenchbndr, you should receive a partial refund, and not send that guy the slide back. Good luck!

14. Ro11eR

Ro11eR

After mulling over the idea of sending my slide back for the proper work to be completed, I finally decided to send it off. I paid for specific work to be done and I insist that it be done. It has taken me this long to finally go through with it and all I can do is hope he sticks to his word and returns it in the time frame he has given me...again.

As for any kind of partial refund, I was really hoping he'd offer it up himself. Seems to me like the right "customer service" thing to do. Looks as though it will again be up to me to initiate any kind of communications and request a refund.

I'll put in an update as soon as I get one.

15. cj5mrt

cj5mrt

You are a braver man than I. Hope it goes right this time.

Mike

16. ccr

ccr

Ajon412
    Todd's company is called customized creationz

CCR is Cummings Custom Refinishing a well respected firearms refinishing company for over twenty five years

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  17. G19G26

G19G26 Millennium Member

CCR will do a fine job on coating. Did my G19 and a P32 slide. Both have held up exceptionally well.

18. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr CLM

Fixed it for you,......

19. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

I'm sorry to hear you guys have had problems with Customized Creationz. I sent Todd 2 different slides and a P6 barrel for feed ramp modification. I had them back in 2 weeks and the work was excellent.

20. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

Thats a Damn shame..Sorry to hear of your bad experiance with this guy..Let me know next time you want something like that done and done right..I hope it wasnt one of my pics you sent him, I sure dont want my work ending up on his site..I've never seen him do the two tone like I do..Its alot easier to do the whole thing..

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010