Custom work to new Glock 19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Gl0ck19, Sep 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Gl0ck19

Gl0ck19

I recently purchased a 3rd Generation brand new Glock 19. I have installed TFO's green front and rear yellow sights, swapped a Glock OEM 3.5 poung connector, did a DIY polish to the metal parts for a smoother trigger, installed a Jentra Plug, some rubber Decal grips and an extended slide release lever.

Am now thinking of getting a Duracoat EZ finishing kit to make the slide Stainless Steel or Titanium in colour. Anyone have any recommendation on whether to go S.Steel or Titanium? And also, what other customization should i get done to my piece?

I am in Malaysia and therefore, any work has to be done on my own and parts ordered through the net.

Appreciate your comments.

2. cwshootersupply

cwshootersupply

Stainless steel would be my choice of color

3. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

You may choose another path...

Lone Wolf has a new Stainless Steel upper for Glocks! Under $200 so far...

You may choose to go with a G23 slide if your frame is correct, and be able to run 9mm, .40S&W, and .357Sig all from your current pistol frame. You would need the slide, the .40 and .357 barrels... under $500 to get a complete system that runs 3 caliburs.

and, you may just opt to go with the stainless G19 barrel if that is truley all you need. Still less than $200 and it's guaranteed not to chip, peel, or flake...

shouldn't be too long and I will have a Stainless G22 slide (currently available) for my G22.

HTH

PS - Almost forgot - no damage to resale value!!!

4. Gl0ck19

Gl0ck19

You may choose another path...

Lone Wolf has a new Stainless Steel upper for Glocks! Under $200 so far...

You may choose to go with a G23 slide if your frame is correct, and be able to run 9mm, .40S&W, and .357Sig all from your current pistol frame. You would need the slide, the .40 and .357 barrels... under $500 to get a complete system that runs 3 caliburs.

and, you may just opt to go with the stainless G19 barrel if that is truley all you need. Still less than $200 and it's guaranteed not to chip, peel, or flake...

Sigh... Would love to.. i have checked out the lone wolf barrel n am inspired by it, but being in Malaysia where gun ownership is very tight, it is basically impossible to obtain a second slide n barrel. A CCW is very uncommon in my country n i am lucky to have one. Most armed civilians r either security company personnel or people who deal in risky legal business. Thanks 4 the advice anywayz.

5. MyBuddyG23

MyBuddyG23 "You Scoundrel"

how did you do the connector install? please let mek now cuz i have no idea.