close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Custom made to order

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired' started by Retread, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

Need anything custom made?
    A new Cordura nylon tactical rifle case?
    A custom fit shooters, or back country survival vest made to your specifications?
    A Velcro patch in your shooters vest to hold gear?
    A pair of gaiters for hunting in the snow this winter?
    Need alterations to your field gear?
    Field gear need repaired?
    Is your Wilderness belt too big? ($10 + Shipping add $3 for new velcro)
    A new earth shaking idea you can't find anywhere?
    Cordura nylon Tool rolls for your wrenches $10 each

I may be able to help. Figure out what you want and drop me a line.

2. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

3. AKASL

AKASL

I am interested in a back country vest. Do you have any pics you could send and prices would be good also.

4. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

These are true custom made vests. You supply your needs, and we make it to your specifications and measurements right here in the USA. Generally, they cost about $75. This is extremely cheap considering it is a custom designed garment. If you want extras that are labor intensive, the cost will naturally be higher. We currently have black,tan,denim and OD green fabric on hand. PM or email me and we can discuss your particular needs.

5. rkb3119

rkb3119

Where are you at in Georgia?

6. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

7. MURRAY

MURRAY Millennium Member

how about a repair on a fanny pack I have an older fleece and cordura cabelas pack that I love and its starting to split at point were belt is attached at pack....

8. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

Either post a picture here, or email one to me explaining what work needs done (if it isn't obvious) and we will be glad to give you a quote for the repair.

9. 17_Longslider

17_Longslider

10. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

Email sent.

For everyone else, we will gladly give you a quote. If you have a picture of something that is similar to what you would like, or can make a rough sketch, explaining your requirements, we can give you a quote. We offer snap, velcro, or zipper closures. We fit the vests to you from a t-shirt you provide with marks specifying how you want it to fit.

11. bdhawk

bdhawk

my wildnerness belt is too big. tell me how much and how to get it to you. if reasonable, i'll let you fix me up.

12. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

$10 plus shipping to shorten the inner (stiff) lining, and move the velcro. If the velcro needs replaced that will be an additional $3. We typically leave the overall length of the belt alone just in case, but we can cut it if you like.

Just keep one thing in mind. When the belt was originally sewn, some of the fibers are cut by the needle. When the threads are cut to shorten the belt, some of these are visible. Functionally I haven't seen any problems, but if you look closely, you may see the cut fibers.

13. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

What are you looking for?

14. bdhawk

bdhawk

sorry for not replying sooner. i have been stewing over this. your price seems fair. by the time i pay you and shipping i am nearly half way to a new one. i have also been considering a 1.5" instead of the 1.75" i have now. i want to buy a threat solutions 'UCR' and they only fit 1.5" or smaller. but then, my sidearmor has a 1.75" belt loop, so i would have to replace it's belt loop. i am a real tightwad, so i probably take more time than normal making decisions like this. one other thing of concern. after your modification, will the strength be equal to the factory specs? i really do use it as a safety belt as well as a gunbelt, so that is a huge concern.

15. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

All we do is remove the thread, shorten the inner layer and re-sew with upholstery thread. Sounds easy, but it takes over an hour to accomplish. When the threads are removed, small amounts of fiber, cut when the belt was sewn, fuzz up, for lack of a better word. I'm no engineer, but the strength of the belt appears to come from the double layers of the belt going through the self locking buckle. I believe the small amount of velcro found on these belts is more cosmetic than functional when we're talking about safety usage, and I suspect with belts being less than 2" in width, the stiffener is more for carrying gear on the belt securely than for weight distribution. If any engineers read this, maybe they can give us the low-down.

If you are using this as a primary safety harness, I would be concerned whether or not it would be safe to fall the length of a safety harness on this thin of a belt, or if it would cause internal or back injuries. Having done a bit of rappelling in my younger/lighter days, I wouldn't even use it to repel without first modifying it into a harness. It could be painful.

16. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

17. CAVEDWELLER

CAVEDWELLER 1911 TROGLODYTE

Retread - Want to get a quote for a custom paintball harness Russell.Ryker@laufen.com

Edited: Cuz I didn't realize you had your e-mail settings blocked.

18. Retread

Retread I am what I am!

Neither did I. Let me know if it is still blocked.

I'm not familiar with the item you are talking about. Can you give me a description/sketch or picture of something similar to what you are looking for, and how we can make one that fits your needs perfectly, and I'll have "The Needle Driver" check it out and give you a quote.

19. CAVEDWELLER

I'll draw up a sketch right now and e-mail it to you with a description of what's what.

20. CAVEDWELLER