close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

custom Glock Racing F1 trigger..anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mr. pitiful, Sep 2, 2004.

1. mr. pitiful

mr. pitiful

Just wondering if anyone has had this done, and what they thought of it.

Thanks.

Mr.Pitiful

2. Custom Glock Racing

Custom Glock Racing I did it first. Millennium Member

Quite a few GT members have them. I dont know how many responses you will get in this forum though. Probably more hits in general. If you have any questions, just ask.

3. Trey

Trey

pitiful,

For a top level trigger, CGR and Vanek are the ONLY ones I've seen/used that run well. (sidenote: Thess trigger jobs are for competition only.)

Try a search on GT here or check out this link.

http://brianenos.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=5737

Either will yield alot of information on either.....

Right now, I run a Vanek trigger in my 35 at 1.5 lbs. I love it! It feels like cheating, having a glock with that nice of a trigger.

4. MarkCO

MarkCO CLM Millennium Member

I have one form CGR and I love it. It is the best you can get from the Glock trigger. I cut my splits and at speed can hold a tighter group due to less force on the trigger if my technique is slightly off.

5. BerKim

BerKim

Matt, what does this bring the trigger pull down to?

Of your 4 trigger jobs, what would you recommend for a 35, to keep it Production legal (USPSA)?

6. Custom Glock Racing

7. BerKim

BerKim

Thanks Matt... I saw the page on the QStore, didn't dawn on me to look at the view (I was thinking that was buy)... this page is very clear...

8. Custom Glock Racing

Anytime. One of these days I need to rebuild the entire site.

9. mr. pitiful

mr. pitiful

When I get back from the IDPA Nationals, I will be sending my G17 in for the F1. I am a 1911 shooter who has just purchased a Glock and I am really happy with it. I have won a few matches with it, but I keep switching back and forth and I am not doing as well as I normally do because of the difference in pointability (is that a word?). The trigger difference only hurts me on distance shots, so I am hoping the F1 package wil help with that, and if so, I may switch to the Glock for next year. What is the turn around time for this package?

Mr. Pitiful

10. GoGators

GoGators Stomatologist

I just got CGR's F1 on my Production G17. I love it. Another guy I shoot with has Vanek's job on a G34. It's really a personal preference issue between the two trigger jobs. Vanek's MAY be a little lighter (due to a reduced power trigger spring?) but I like it less because the reset is less positive for me. Plus, I believe his costs 50 bucks more.

You won't be disappointed with the F1. If you're serious about shooting, it is worth the money.

11. ryucasta

ryucasta IDPA/IPSC Cuban

While I have had no experience with the F1 trigger I did have two of its predecessors which were known as the Top Fuel Trigger. While it was a good trigger it did have an issue with primers to the point that I had to use Federal Small Pistol Primers since it was primer sensitive.

I have since decommissioned both Top Fuel Triggers and have gone to the Vanek trigger on all of my competition Glock’s. It’s interesting to note though that CGR used to charge more for its Top Fuel Trigger job but it seems that once the competition provided comparable and depending on your personal opinion a better performing trigger CGR lowered its price on its flagship trigger job.

12. tobin

tobin

Mr. Pitiful

If I were you, I would stick to the 1911's and stay in CDP and ESP. SSP is getting too crowded! See you next week.

13. BerKim

BerKim

Just got my G-35 back today, shot it 1/2 hour later... Excellent! I hated the standard trigger, I'm sure I would have gotten used to it, but this F1 trigger job is amazing. I think from FedEx dropoff back to my door was 12 days? Monday...Monday.. Friday. Faster than he told me it would be. I know other people who want to try it, you'll have more work coming..

Of course my wife is taking it over as her USPSA Limted Gun.

Thanks Matt!

(as an aside... I reload and only use WSP primers .. Zero problems)

OK - rookie question - what is the extra spring in the box for? Extra (or original) FP spring?

14. mattburkett

mattburkett GrandMattster B

Just a personal recommendation for the F1 trigger.

CGR Rocks!

15. Custom Glock Racing

16. DDEL

DDEL

Everytime someone posts a question concerning an F1 trigger from CGR you post this same statement. I fail to see the issue you have with CGR over lowering his price on the F1( A trigger you have admitted to never purchasing). I change my pricing all the time based on competition in the area. Do you think this is evil for some reason? Do you think he should not keep his business competitive? Or do you have another issue with CGR?

I for one would much rather hear a detailed description of the diferences between the triggers, if you have shot an F1, then some slam.

Dev

17. walangkatapat

walangkatapat Millennium Member

Lower the price the better in my book. Would like to try Matt's and Vaneks some day. ryucasta, How's that open gun shooting? Could you give me some info on the 9 major?