Custom belt for a police officer?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Bren, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

OK, I was about to make my brother a custom leather belt, with a partial stiffener for concealed carry, and I wanted to add some tooling to it. He rarely wears a leather belt and wouldn't want a fancy western style, floral tooled one, even if I had time to make it. Since he's a police officer, I came up with this idea.

The "123" would be replaced with his badge number and the numbers and rectanlge behind them would just be 3D carving, not colored. The belt would be solid black, except for the blue line behind the numbers. The numbers and line would be the same leveol as the rest of the belt, with the rectanlge background pressed down and textured. The gray variations here are just a way of showing the 3D effect of the carving. The badge number would end up being to the right of where the holes start on the belt, in front of where he would wear his holster.

So what do you think, is that a design that the average police officer would like?

[​IMG]

razdog76, Gombey and officer196 like this.
  2. officer196

officer196

Dude, that's sweet. Post some pics when it's complete.

razdog76, msu_grad_121 and Gombey like this.

3. Patchman

Patchman Florist

That's a pretty cool idea! In case you have some free time, I like a gun belt that fits a 40-inch waist, 1 1/2-inch wide and Havana brown. :whistling:

The first concern that popped into my head was the wear-and-tear of those numbers. I use a leather pancake holster 9 months out of the year. After about 12 or 15 years of putting on/taking off that holster several times a day, the belt (where the numbers would go) is pretty well worn (ie: colour rubbed off).

If your bro uses a different holster system, you got a great design idea!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015