close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Custom Avatar

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by lzmelissa, Jul 29, 2002.

1. lzmelissa

lzmelissa

Eric,

MB-G26 (m) directed me to your site. I have to tell you it is slick and smooth. I am enjoying what I have seen so far. A lot of good information and exchange going on also. When you have time could you clue me in as to how I can post a custom Avatar? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

z

2. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

All you have to do is find a pic that you are interested in as your avatar and resize it down to 75 x 75. Worse case scenerio, it can be done in paint.

3. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart CLM Millennium Member

I'd be happy to help (anything for a friend of MB's :)). Either send me the url of the picture you want or send it to me in email and I'll resize it for you and walk you through getting it put up.

4. lzmelissa

lzmelissa

I do have adobe photoshop loaded so I can resize etc. Also know how to attach a file, post an image, but where do I upload the avatar?

5. Pseudochron

Pseudochron Computer Nerd

Click this link:

http://www.glocktalk.com/member.php?s=&action=editavatar

Directions will follow, and it becomes a straight forward upload of the custom avatar. One thing to make sure of though, there is a checkbox near the top of the screen that sayd use custom avatar, by default it is set to no. Uncheck that box. THen scroll down to the browse option for uploading an avatar.

As DWavs said, if it is larger than 75 x 75 the site will reject it. Also, there is a limit on the file size it can be, but typically unless it's an animated gif or something, it will be under that size.

If it doesn't let you post a custom one, you might have to become a full member first. Currently, your at junior member status until you post some more messages (used to be 10, I think it's 15 now, not sure).

Anyways, if you need any other help, just let me know.

6. maxxx93

maxxx93

There is one strange idiosyncrasy.
    You must browse and find your avatar, and open it, before you check the use custom avatar box.

If you check the box, and then open your avatar, it will default to the little alligator avatar.

7. X OUT

X OUT ...

8. lzmelissa

lzmelissa

That's very cool of you all to take the time and share all the good info with me. I'll check it out. Take care out there and watch your six.

z