close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Currently running First 48

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by LilCop2002, Feb 11, 2010.

1. LilCop2002

LilCop2002

Folks,

I'm just curious, but why would an officer, investigating a murder, go to the suspect's suspected house in khaki shorts, a t-shirt, and a weapon to talk to suspect's mother?

This chaps my *** that they're not in either a uniform nor dress clothes. I know that they can do their job in a speedo and a gun belt, but it doesn't present a professional image.

What say you?

2. Gangrel

Gangrel

those deployment guys play by their own rules

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Duh, that's why they call them 'undercovered operatives". You probably don't even know what "probably cause" is.. :whistling:

Randy

4. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

He's an operator and he can dress however he wants. Was his hair gelled and shirt extra tight to show off those bulging biceps from spending 5 hours a day in the gym on company time?

5. metal

metal

Cuz on net looked like a Biker. 3 VERY hot chicks I know too would look much better out of uniform LOL... some not LOL couple of detectives I know were in plain as jane street cloths, you'd never make them. I don't care if you were a cop 20 years. no way... just sayin... who cares what he's wearing he's doing his job (shrug)

6. ssgt_acft_mech

ssgt_acft_mech

Damn it LilCop2002...you avatar gave me flashbacks....I'm now cowing in the corner of the room

7. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

On a related note, the new First 48 shows suck balls. The old ones were good, I thought.

These new ones feature structured interviews with the officers and families of the victim, where the interview subjects are all dressed up and speaking in script, almost, to the camera. Fooey.

I liked the more appropriate pace and direction of the older shows. The camera seemed more an impartial observer than it does now. Now it seeems to have an agenda.

8. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?

That's my city you're talking about. I know one of the guys, too.

They were put on some stupid detail that takes people from patrol, puts them in plain clothes, and then they ride around in marked cars, arresting people. It's some sort of crime prevention detail.

I don't ask questions anymore; I just shake my head at the stupidity of the department. And yes, that's the agency my wife works for. I see the guy they arrested almost every day, and one of the homicide detectives in that episode worked for my agency a while back. The lead detective (Maroni) used to work with my wife a few years ago, too.

Anyway, it's not the fault of the officers in plain clothes. They were asked to go out there by the detectives, and they were on that detail crap I mentioned. Again, I don't bother asking why the department does stupid stuff...it doesn't change anything, so I just go on with life. It's not my agency, after all.

9. OD Green 23

OD Green 23

The new shows aren't quite as good as the older ones.

Miami and Memphis always have the best episodes though :whistling:

10. FiremanMike

FiremanMike Way too busy

I'll tell you what, I HATED Caroline Mason at first, until I started watching, and she is DAMN effective.. I'm certain her appearance flips a psychological switch for the suspects, and boy does she make 'em sing like birds..

11. LilCop2002

LilCop2002

No need for all that, Crazy! I don't know who your MTI was, but I'm just a bundle of kindness mixed with a love for pitbull puppies and cute kittens...

I appreciate the intel! It struck me as odd but now that I know the full story, I can understand but not necessarily appreciate the look.

I'd rather him be wearing at last cargo pants and a XXXXS 5.11 Polo, but that's just me. (Speaking of tight shirts, I tried on a MTI Instructor PT Shirt when I first got to Lackland AFB, San Antonio, TX, that was supposed to be my size. I looked like I had my younger sister's UA shirt on. I didn't even have enough room in it to laugh at myself without suffocating or ripping it.) :rofl:

12. Unistat

Unistat

lol, I always thought that too. They can lie to the detective, but if they tried that crap with their Mama, she will beat seven kinds of snot out of them. She just has that vibe.

13. fla2760

fla2760

Agreed, the newer episodes are lacking.

14. Reyn

Reyn Times Up