close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Curious as to local gun shops dealing with GLOCK

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Jowens, May 9, 2011.

1. Jowens

Jowens

A friend of mine was really excited this weekend because he picked up his first ever Glock (G26). He went to a local Pawn Shop that advertises themselves as a "Glock Stocking Dealer".

When my friend brought over the gun last night for me to check out, I noticed a couple of things and asked him about it:

1) The tupperware box had no label on the handle (white, red, etc.)
    2) There was no documentation or factory fired shells
    3) No cleaning rod or brush

Basically it was his 26 with a spare mag.

I asked him if the gun was new and he said that they sold it to him as new. I decided to sniff the mag well and sure enough, it smells like a brand new never fired gun (has that plastic polymer smell). There's no smiley on the barrel, etc. So I told him out of curiosity, he should call the shop back today and ask what happened to all the extras that should come with the pistol.

So he called the shop back this afternoon and they told him that the pistol was a "factory direct" model and that when Glock sends them to stocking dealers, often times they don't come with all the "extras".

So here's my question, because every time I'v ever purchased one, it's always come with the normal stuff in the box.....

Is what the shop is telling him true or are they pulling his leg? The gun seems new, I've checked it top to bottom, inside and out for him and I don't see any signs of it having any wear.

I advised him to call Glock and find out the manufacturing date and to ask them if the local shop is one of GLOCK's stocking dealers.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Dalton Wayne

Dalton Wayne Epic mustache Millennium Member

I smell a pawn shop rat

3. Jowens

Jowens

That's what I was thinking. I didn't mean to get him all worried, but my friend is now in a panic mode because he feels like he might have gotten jipped, paying a new retail price for a gun that might be used.

Still though, it's a nice gun. I told him not to sweat it too much, that the "extras" don't really mean much unless he was going to sell it down the road anyways...and even then, most folks don't give a crap as long as it functions correctly.

It had a new Glock retail tag on the gun as well, with an SKU number and all, just like the ones at my local gunshop keep on their guns, so that's what has me curious about the whole ordeal as well.

4. SARDG

SARDG

Does it have the copper colored 'grease' in the slide rails? Also check the S/N on the Glock Serial Number Project on GT and see when it may have been put into original circulation.

5. KarlThomas

KarlThomas

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock ships all new and factory rebuilt Glocks complete with paperwork, cleaning rod, brush, spare magazine, mag loader and test fired casing (with new pistols).

7. Jowens

Jowens

Yeah, copper grease is on the slide. That's one of the first things I checked.

I'll have to call him and get the serial number to find out if it's on the list here.

8. tampashooters

tampashooters Shellback

Was it a factory refurbished gun? Glock does refurb guns. Whichever it is, the Pawn Shop guy is frauding someone. More than likely he bought it or got it as a pawn, and it just happened to have still been unfired, which alot of guns are, and he tried pawning it off as a new one, which he succeeded in doing to your friend.

How much did he pay?

9. GunHo198

GunHo198

I just purchased a new G27 and it was missing the cleaning rod. I can see something's not making it in the box, but the owners manual and test shells would be a biggie to me.Maybe the pawn shop put the new gun in a used box by mistake!?..

10. Jowens

Jowens

He said the serial number begins with PXT, which according to our list means it was manufactured in October of 2010.

11. Jowens

Jowens

He says the guy at the shop swears it's a new gun. Paid $ 495 for it, plus tax.

I told him that no matter what, he should call Glock and let them know what went on, because if they truly are a stocking dealer and pulled a fast one on him, Glock needs to know about it so that they can speak with the owner and find out what is going on.

Last edited: May 9, 2011
  12. tonyparson

tonyparson

I would be willing to bet if you went in the pawn shop the guy would have a bunch of cleaning rods and mag loaders for sell in one of his gun cases.

13. MrSmoofy

MrSmoofy

And the lock right? I thought I read the lock is required by law to be included.

14. ZombieTom

ZombieTom

If one of you knows any police officers you may be able to run the gun. Or maybe another shop could help you find out if there were any other owners.

I know people that this has happened to in the past, if you suspect it might be used, it most likely is...

15. Jowens

Jowens

Sorry, forgot to mention that...yeah, the lock was included in his case.

16. Glock23Man

Glock23Man Big Member

List the pawn shop's name here and then call Glock and tell them what happened. Then take the pistol back, explain that ALL new Glocks come with "all the extras" and demand a different gun. If they hesitate, explain to them that you'll be happy to take the matter to the police and explain that you feel you've been defrauded and would they like to investigate.

Screw this guy and his shop. Remember, when buying firearms, pawn shop make money by taking advantage of people. Why would it be any different with a gun purchase?

17. Jowens

Jowens

Not a bad idea. My uncle is a Sheriff here in Clarke County. Only thing is, in Georgia, we're not required to register handguns, so not sure what he would be able to find.

18. Jowens

Jowens

I definitely plan on helping him get the word out about this shop, once the smoke clears. I just don't want to toss their name out there as doing bad business, only to find out that it wasn't.

19. tonyparson

tonyparson

That's what I was thinking.

20. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

This shop is BS :steamed:. $495 for a new Glock 26 is not a bad price but you should have all the extras with it. If he is a Glock stocking dealer he gets only 10 guns (I think its up to 15 now) at a reduced rate and its very unlikely a pawn shop is, plus there are requirements that a Glock stocking dealer has to meet. One of those (at last check) is that you have to carry Glock apparel and other misc merchandise. You can call Glock and ask them if this guy is a stocking dealer.

Also, it is not hard to put the factory copper lube back on a gun to make it look new. the serial number date could be legit but that doesn't mean it is not used. He could easily swap a new mag in there to make it look legit. Something sounds shady.

:50cal:

Last edited: May 9, 2011