Cudos to Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by tdhall, Feb 9, 2013.

1. tdhall

tdhall

Recently purchased a very slightly used 27. The prior owner had installed a belt clip which I'm not at all fond of especially with a gun that has a trigger safety. While I immediately removed same and gun was function without it, it included a receiver back plate with 2 screws that for various reasons I didn't like. Went to a gun show this morning and took the Glock to their stand and asked for the stock part. Part was retrieved and installed for no charge. Just another perk for owning a Glock which I appreciate. Just sayin'

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Gotta Love them Glocks and their service..

3. Legacy Shooters

Legacy Shooters

I think glock & springfield have the best service out

4. bentbiker

bentbiker

So Glock had a booth/table at a local gun show in FL?

5. tdhall

tdhall

Yep, Big black sign and a certified Glock armorer. Nice folks who seemed genuinely interested in your Glock experience. Watch for them in your area.

6. packin23

packin23 Welcome Wagon

Almost every gun show I go to has a Glock booth set up. Very common at Fl. gun shows.

7. LibertyPatriot

LibertyPatriot

In SW MO there are almost no dealers that have Glock parts, stock or aftermarket, at the gun shows. They say since they're so easy to work on and everyone just buys parts online they don't have enough business around here to inventory anything but sights.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. Glock Junkie

Glock Junkie

The Glock booths that I have seen at gun shows are not Glock employees. They are local armorers that have set their own booth up.

9. tdhall

tdhall

I'm certain this booth was provided by Glock otherwise I would not have received a free part without being told who was providing it. The folks at the booth all wore black Glock shirts and nothing at the booth that wasn't Glock.

10. Bruce M

Bruce M

I am fairly certain that the booth is not Glock factory but rather staffed by a real nice guy who is now a retired police officer and his son who an active police officer who are both very adept as Glock armorers.

I have been to a few gun shows in Florida over the years including the one at the Lee Civic Center and have never seen a Glock Corporation booth or table but I have seen several tables set up by non-factory Glock armorers.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  11. FLAHOTROD

FLAHOTROD

Nice. Good customer service goes a long way. Look how much good willl has been generated by this one incident.

Hey, tdhall, what was the ammo situation like at the gun show, today?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  12. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

:agree:

:50cal:

13. tdhall

tdhall

Have to disagree. This booth and armorer were most certainly corporate. I don't believe a small, local business would do work for free and this booth was. Everything about this booth smacked corporate from the signs and uniforms of the staff. They had nothing but Glock parts and nothing for sale. Only thing that makes sense.

14. tdhall

tdhall

Ammo was available but no bargains for sure. I didn't find any bulk ammo and the pricing was the same as I am getting locally when available. Lots of nice guns including AR15's which sort of surprised me. No AR15's for less than $1600 that I saw and at least one used and battered Mini 14 for $1400. This ain't no buyers market. I didn't come home with anything which certainly pleased the Mrs.

15. Bruce M

Bruce M

If they had nothing for sale then that certainly would suggest that they are corporate employees or at least corporate sponsored. I have never seen Glock have a table at a gun show here in Florida.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  16. tdhall

tdhall

Actually, I went to my local gun store for the receiver end plate and was told it could take 6 weeks to get one but that Glock would be at the gun show and would likely have one. A bit surprised myself but whoever those folks were it was great service. On the internet the part was only $4 but $16 dollars shipping and while it is owner installable it was a nice touch to have them put it in. I will gratefully take any service like that. Just thought I should share that experience as, at least in my experience, it is very rare.

17. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

That armorer will be able to get a standard backplate from Smyrna at no charge to replace the one he installed on your gun. Glock is excellent in supporting its commercial armorers in getting aftermarket parts OFF its civilian guns.

That armorer operation was NOT a corporate Glock operation. Next time you see them, look closer at.the items they offer; you will probably see many aftermarket items. There is an important distinction between Glock OEM parts, and quality parts made FOR a Glock.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  18. Rustin

Rustin

Man the last Glock armorer I talked to was a nut. He looked like some kind of mad scientist, it was really funny. They were gouging before the gouging even began.