close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cuban Coffee

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by AA11285, Apr 9, 2010.

1. AA11285

AA11285

Living in sunny Miami, FL has it's perks, and one that I can't live without is the abundance of cuban coffee. That sweet little shot of goodness is a daily savior at the office, helping me fight off sleepy/tiredness long enough to get some work done on those longs days. Wanted to know how many of you all out there have tried it? Drink it regularly?

2. viniglock

viniglock

Rocket Fuel amigo! :wavey:

3. Jonesee

Jonesee

I love it. A cuban buddy taught me to make it and now I've hooked many others on it.

You have to get the sugar mixed to the right consistency before adding it. That is the key.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  4. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Cuban coffee, Cuban sandwiches, fried plantains - I love Cuban food. I wish they had it around here.

5. G19Pistolero

G19Pistolero

Yup. Elixir of the gods...the one from "Palacio de los Jugos" is pretty good...good juices, cuban pastries, sandwiches there as well..

-J.-

6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

I used to spend a fair amount of time down in Miami ft lauderdale and loved the coffee and the food.

It was common for the coffee to be included in business meetings.

7. RichJ

RichJ

One of these days when Fidel and Rauel are dead and gone and no longer have that country by the balls, Cuban goods are going to skyrocket in demand. They have some really good stuff there. If it wasn't for their third world government, Cuba would be like Las Vegas and be wealthy from their exports. Instead, it's just a dump.

8. jdm0506

jdm0506

i've tried it. not the biggest fan. looks like i'm the only one thus far :p

9. viniglock

viniglock

Not for everyone.

10. jtmac

jtmac Señor Member

I hate coffee.

I bought come coffee from Havana as a gift for my dad, though. It was possible for me to pass through my mouth and swallow some. With a lot of milk and sugar, I could even drink it properly.

That sounds like an insult, but it isn't. That is the highest compliment I can pay a coffee. I haven't found any coffee comparable.

11. Hurricanes

Hurricanes

Cuban coffee is almost part of the routine before a friend of mine and I go out to repossess cars. When made right its awesome stuff, but I have had it were its tasted like burnt motor oil.
    -Joel

12. Adjuster

Adjuster

As an adjuster in the southeast Florida area I am in a lot of Cuban homes. They always offer me coffee. I am not a coffee drinker to begin with but I can tolerate it with milk, sugar, cream etc.. I have never tried the Cuban coffee but I am to understand it has quite a kick to it. I'm afraid if I had some I would be bouncing off the walls in these homes. I would be the most spastic crazy white boy the Cubans have ever seen.