CTAC or Raven Phantom

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by GunFighter45ACP, Jan 21, 2010.

1. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Thanks to the 'search' feature, I'm blind, BUT I've got it narrowed down to these last 2 holsters for IWB carry of my G27. For those of you that own or have tried both, which one is slimmer or more comfortable for all day carry?

I'm trying to avoid going w/MTAC, Crossbreed, VMII, etc as they are 'too much' holster for me to tolerate inside the waistband for such a small pistol. Thanks.

2. madcitycop

madcitycop

I was going to say this is easy Raven but if it was Raven v MTAC it would be a hard decision. An MTAC is nowhere near "too much" holster, and the Glock 27 is in no way a small pistol.

Whats the weather like most of the time by you?

3. E-Money

E-Money

The Phantom is thinner, but the C-Tac is a bit more comfy.

The C-Tac isn't that much thicker, and it provides better tension adjustment via screws. The Phantom does not provide any adjustment at all (unless you want to heat the kydex and manipulate it yourself).

Personally I love both holsters. I currently use a Phantom for my G30 with a C-Tac for a back up.

I don't know what Raven's return policy is, but I believe Comp-Tac is 30 days if you want to try out a C-Tac.

Good luck and stay safe!

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  4. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Thanks, guys! I'm leaning towards the CTAC for all of the above + a quicker turnaround time, too, but w/all the GREAT things being posted about the Raven I want to give it a good think thru.

The weather is mostly hot in my part of TX, supposed to be 70 today, not bad for Jan. I have a smaller waist & carry right at the hip, so the leather tabs on the MTAC, Crossbreed, etc tend to bind up, pushing the holster out when worn, which is why I want to stay away from those types of designs.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  5. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

I had a CTAC and I personally found it to be very uncomfortable.I sold it and bought a Raven Ghost OWB slide.Now I can carry in complete comfort.I'll never go back to IWB.
    Here it is with my 27 in it... View attachment 189424

6. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Hmm. I like the Ghost Slide idea... Is there any 'tip out ' of the grip w/it, 3rdgen40?

7. 3rdgen40

3rdgen40 .45 fanatic

Not in the least.Pair it up with a good gun belt and you will love it.Rides very high and tight to your body.I think it actaully conceals better than an IWB.

8. GunFighter45ACP

GunFighter45ACP

Sounds good. I've got the same belt so it should work out just fine. Thanks for the pic, too.