close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

CT Laserguard VS Laser Grip - G26

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Dobie, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Dobie

Dobie

Looking at options for my G26 and cant decide between these two different styles of Crimson Trace lasers for the G26. I have the Laser Guard on a Kahr CW45 so I am familiar with that style.
    Would like some owners of both tell me about the pros & cons of each application.
    I have had the 26 about three weeks or so and I find that I put my weak hand index finger on the front of the trigger guard. With the Laserguard I know I will have to change my grip. I plan to holster IWB and would like to add Talon Grips, any problem with the Talons and the Laser Grips?
    26/27 owners please let me know which is best for you and why.

Thanks
    Dobie

2. FlyfishermanMike

FlyfishermanMike

I've read consistently on GT that you shouldn't put a finger on the front of the trigger guard, even though it has that nice texturing, tricking you into thinking, "hey, I should put my finger there!" It acts as a pivot point for that finger to start pulling your shots. I think Butch said it and I listen to that guy!

As far as which CT: Many have commented that the back strap button is easier to activate than the front one and that it feels more natural. Holsters is another problem. It seems there aren't nearly as many for the LaserGuard. Sometime you just have to get a generic one that will fit it. There isn't a Serpa and kydex and leather one will probably have to be custom. Do a search I know there's stuff out there. The normal CT seems to be more universal and more people make holsters for it and there's a change a normal will work, depending how the rear portion is made.

I have no idea about the talon grips. Give him a call or an e-mail, I hear he's good people.

^^ike